I need some rubbish

Advert

I need some rubbish

Home Forums Scratch build I need some rubbish

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    John Platt
    Participant
      @johnplatt24069

Hi guys. 

Well I thought the title might get a few people to read this post.

I am build a 1/48 scale model  and need to make the decks cluttered with tools, buckets, machinery, welding gear, basically any stuff of 1/48 scale. 

I know that some kit manufacturers do sell small parts individually but I have been unable to find one.

Any help to push me in the right direction will be received with thanks. 

All the best.

John.

Advert
      Manxman
      Participant
        @manxman

Hi John,

If you can wait a short while then visit your nearest model boat show, they normally advertise in the magazines and forums.  They usually start around March and you will pick up loads of items including ropes, barrels, drums, crates, buoys, buckets, crew figures etc.

Also have a look in toy shops, car boots and especially the local pound shops. If you have a spare figure, then carry him around with you and you can then check the sizes of any item you come across.

Good luck with your serach – Ken

John Platt
        Participant
          @johnplatt24069

Hi Ken.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will bear that in mind. 

I understand that Caldercraft who sell kits also sell small items but can I find there contact details…no. 

It seems that they only sell through shops and I have written to a couple of them for the address but they never replied. Put the name into google and all you get are model shops. 

Thanks. 

John.

Len Ochiltree
          Participant
            @lenochiltree67043
            http://www.modelboats.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/images/member_albums/2627/Forum_7.11_07.JPG

Hi John,

Have a look at my Tid Tug above, I made the Welding set from 2 felt tip pens some bent wire and 2 overall buttons. What sort of boat are we talking about?.

John Surr
            Participant
              @johnsurr77540

Hi John,

An address for Caldercraft kits is below 

http://www.jotika-ltd.com

At the moment their link for fittings is not active but you may be able to call them

Regards

John S

Paul Freshney
              Participant
                @paulfreshney24971

1/48 scale is not enormously different to 1/43 scale, which is O Gauge and Slaters, Peco and others do a huge range of accessories. Obviously some items might be noticeably wrong but many things may well suit. Langley Models who do loads of accesories for model railway layouts may also be able to help. Tower Models of Blackpool stock a lot of train stuff and are good with mail-order. They also have a website, Accurate Armour who manufacture very high quality resin cast tanks etc, have recently introduced a range of 1/48 vehicles etc. They also have a website and advertise in Military Modelling magazine.

John Platt
                Participant
                  @johnplatt24069

I would like to thank you all for your suggestions. Each one provided another direction to go down and I now have enough ideas to make all I need.

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my query.

John.

John Platt
                  Participant
                    @johnplatt24069

accessories

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)