How do I do that?

Advert

How do I do that?

Home Forums Soapbox How do I do that?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anthony Rumsey
    Participant
      @anthonyrumsey39979

how do you upload pictures onto here

Advert
      Vinnie Branigan
      Participant
        @vinniebranigan92297

Anthony, click on the gallery tab above, and then follow the prompts. It’s a bit long-winded but self-explanatory.

Vinnie

Anthony Rumsey
        Participant
          @anthonyrumsey39979

tried it but my pictures are to big cant find a way to reduce the size

Vinnie Branigan
          Participant
            @vinniebranigan92297

Anthony, you have to use photo-manipulation software to reduce the size of them I’m afraid.

Vinnie

Carsten Paulsen
            Participant
              @carstenpaulsen54581

I use a program called IrfanView it’s a free download.

Image -> Resize it’s simple

Br
              Carsten

JC Uknz 1
              Participant
                @jcuknz1

EDIT …. Sorry I didn’t read who was sending which message and I thought Tony was using Irfanview

Irfanview will do the job for you perfectly well.  http://www.irfanview.com They like a 10Euro donation if you feel inclined.

IMAGE > RESIZE/RESAMPLE

On right of menu I suggest you click on 640×480 as a useful size for a webpage/emails and use the rest of the default settings  ….. click on OK.  This gives you a nice small file for quick downloading, particularly if you are on dial-up like me

As a check you could save the result with a slightly difference name **and examin the file size on Window Explorer.  My original file was 4.28Mb and Irfanview reduced it to 21Kb which is a nice small size for viewing on the web.  I would normally be using another editing programme for this job which gives me control of the degree of compression I am introducing to reduce the file size after having resized.     The latest version of Irfanview may also do this but I have not ungraded my version for a couple of years or so.

**this is MOST important becuase if you use the same file name as you started with any saving will kill off your quality camera file and replace it with the tiny web-file.  

Anthony Rumsey
                Participant
                  @anthonyrumsey39979
                Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)