HMS Vanguard

Advert

HMS Vanguard

Home Forums Static modelling HMS Vanguard

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Aldo Petrina
    Participant
      @aldopetrina40484

I'm projecting to build a scratchbuilt model of the last battleship of the Royal Navy, the HMS Vanguard in scale 1:200. I have good plans and many photos also of the a fine museum model, but I should like to have some photos and drawings of the anti aircraft six barrels Bofors 40 mm.guns. There were similar weapons also on the after WWII aircraft carrier HMS Eagle .

Waiting for help. thanks for the attention.

Aldo Petrina Trieste Italy

Advert
      Aldo Petrina
      Participant
        @aldopetrina40484
        Ray Wood 3
        Participant
          @raywood3

easter 2015 210.jpgHi Aldo

Have a look at John R Haynes Fine Ship Models web site, he has a wide range of fittings etc

I used his fittings on HMS Diamond D35 1/96 scale

Regards Ray Maidstone Kent

Edited By Ray Wood 2 on 25/05/2017 08:14:54

Aldo Petrina
          Participant
            @aldopetrina40484

Hi Ray

Thank you for your kind suiggestion. I visited the John Haynes site and I found many interesting fittings. I did not know it existed.

Compliments for the model of the HMS Diamond. I visited a ship of the same class, the Daring, during a visit of a squadron of the Royal Navy in the fifties of the last century to my town, Trieste. I was a school boy, and I remember we were particularly interested because that ship was brand new and one of the few new ships built in that period.

Many NATO ships visited Trieste in that period because we were on the edge of the free world at few kilometers from the Iron Curtain with the Yugoslavia but there were all WWII buildings.

Look at one of my models: the Regia Marina cruiser Trieste in two versions, simple and dazzle painted.

Regards

Aldo petrina Trieste Italy

Ray Wood 3
            Participant
              @raywood3

Hi Aldo

I'm glad the information was useful, John has helped me with plans for HMS Belfast which is a preserved cruiser moored on the river Thames in London to which I have easy access, when my current tug project is complete I will start Belfast from scratch at 1/96th scale, but I have said that for the past 2 years  You might try the HMS Vanguard crew association website for specific info on the Bofors armament. Your models look superb !!

Regards Rayhms belfast 091115 016.jpg

Edited By Ray Wood 2 on 26/05/2017 10:01:43

Edited By Ray Wood 2 on 26/05/2017 10:02:54

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)