Great Eastern

Advert

Great Eastern

Home Forums Scratch build Great Eastern

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Bob Abell 2
    Participant
      @bobabell2

According to YOUTUBE……Hasegawa make a plastic kit of this model

Anybody out there know of one for sale please

Advert
      Tony Hadley
      Participant
        @tonyhadley

Hi Bob,

Marcle offer a card model, which looks good.

Tony

Bob Abell 2
        Participant
          @bobabell2

Thank you Tony……but it`s probably on the small side……..my model will be 83" long

I`ve already started the formers based on Jeanie Deans…….I`m not a rivet counter!

Tony Hadley
          Participant
            @tonyhadley

Bob,

This sounds good, keep us all informed.

Tony.

Bob Abell 2
            Participant
              @bobabell2

Hi Tony

I`ve just started a new album covering the build of Great Eastern…….there`s nothing in yet…..but keep popping in

DAVID LANGTON
              Participant
                @davidlangton27930

HI ,BOB , IT WAS ME YOU SPOKE TO AT THE NEW BRIGHTON LAKE LAST SUNDAY SAILING THE YACHT,YOU SAID YOUR BROTHER BUILT , ?I THINK ,,,CAN YOU TELL ME ANY MORE ON THE HISTORY OF THIS CRACKER OF A MOTOR YACHT ,  AS ALSO I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE BALLAST , IT IS NOT AN EASY THING FOR ME , I NEED HELP IN MAKING A LARGER LEAD TO SCREW ON , I THINK YOU KNOW ,    ANYWAY IT WAS A SURPRISE TO SEE YOU , AND TO SEE WHAT YOU ARE DOING , ,I AM A YACHT-MAN MYELF , HAVING REPAIRED AND MADE  CLOCKS FOR THE LAST 18,YEARS , PREVIOUSLY BUILT MY OWN CYCLES , OR RATHER ASSEMBLED THEM FROM MY OWN CHOICE OF GEAR,,HOWEVER LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOURSELF AND YOUR NEWBUILD , REGARDS , DAVE ,    TAKE CARE ..

Bob Abell 2
                Participant
                  @bobabell2

Hello David

Pleased that you managed to reach me at last………………Hope you`ve had a good look at my Great Eastern project.

What`s up with the ballast on Geoff`s yacht then?……..In fact Geoff was a fanatical cyclist in his time……with all the very best gear etc….Audax`s too

I`m also a yacht man……….have a look at my two Britannia`s and the Altair on my other album…and Louis Heloise build

Regards Bob Abell

Paul T
                  Participant
                    @pault84577

Hi Bob

I have the perfect subject for your next project

http://www.modelboats.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/images/member_albums/1859/hboundb.jpg

HMS Warrior, the most fearsome warship of its time, in its day this ship was the ultimate deterrent and feared by all the other navies of the world.

A model of this ship built to 1:100 scale would be right up your street.

Try this link to wet your appetite http://www.hmswarrior.org/

What do you think?

Paul

Bob Abell 2
                    Participant
                      @bobabell2

Thanks for the suggestion Paul……..But I do recall that model was the subject of a marathon build to perfection a few years back and my efforts would  not do it justice!

At the moment….I`m just bobbling about with bits and pieces……20 lifeboats arrived this morning and I`m wondering how the davits will stand up to manhandling down our stairs!!!

Wish the weather would buck up!

Bobrunel

DAVID LANGTON
                      Participant
                        @davidlangton27930

HI, BOB, YES I HOPE FOR BETTER WEATH TOO ,I HAVE A FEW THINGS GOIN , WALLPAPERING , SORTING THE PLANTS OUT , ETC ETC ..I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE CORRECT WATERLINE , HOW TO GET IT RIGHT ,BOAT IN BATH, ALL GEAR ON ,LOADED WITH LEAD TO WHAT APPEARS THE CORRECT LINE , THEN DO I PUT TALCUM POWDER IN WATER , PULL PLUG AND THE STUFF STIKS TO ,…?

Vinnie Branigan
                        Participant
                          @vinniebranigan92297

David,

Please do not type all in caps. It represents shouting in the etiquette of the Internet.

Vinnie

Bob Abell 2
                          Participant
                            @bobabell2

Hello David………New Brighton?

I`ve never used the talcum powder method……..I use the waterline as designed…..then balance the bought to suit.

What boat are you making?

Bob

DAVID LANGTON
                            Participant
                              @davidlangton27930

Sorry, Vinnie,  i can only type on one finger , ..i will try to remember ,,I am finishing of a mess of a tid ,i have done a lot of repair ,after looking up various ,so-called experts ,and now it,s the ballast ,i,ve got it ,nearly right ,i supose that will do ,i am not an expert ,nor do i profess , ,,i will finnish this ,then i have a drifter that sank last year , i have to sort and finnish ,my bigger progect is a brist ?cutter i got ,hull sails etc ,but again in a mess ,…..trying to get ,and keep things ready for when this weather breaks ,i shall be at the lake ,and sailing  what i think is best on the day ,.  i have got a nice clinker hull ,and a nice twin oscilating steam plant ,all compleat , i have to build this into a suitable looking job ,the hull is a very nice 34 inch ,and well proportioned , the steam plant is a modeen ,all working   now ,.so i do have a bit to keep the grey matter ,, active ..   and this took me 15 minutes to type ,.

Bob Abell 2
                              Participant
                                @bobabell2

Brunel`s masterpiece

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)