Fitting out hull

Advert

Fitting out hull

Home Forums Scratch build Fitting out hull

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    mick
    Participant
      @mick

i have a 42"+12" hull i have two decoperms spare and was going to put these in

but could do with some advise with length of shafts +how big the rudders should be was

also going to put in two 6v 4amp hr batterys in  but would i get enough running time ?

i also wondered what props to use and was going to put two bobs boards in to keep costs

down what rateing should i use  well hope you lads can help tryig to keep cost down as being on a fixed income thanks for your time 

Advert
      Jake Knight
      Participant
        @jakeknight71345

hi mick

as you said your boat is 42"+12" but what typre of boat is it?

if its a slow boat and the motors have to push along a lot of weight a bigger battery may be needed

but i have used 6v 4amp on some of my boats and it gives a very long running time of up to 1 hour

Len Ochiltree
        Participant
          @lenochiltree67043

Hi Mick,

As a rule I try to keep my motors above the water line,others keep their prop shafts horizontal,have a trial run to see where all the electric stuff will fit ,then you can work out how long and where motor and prop can go.

Len

mick
          Participant
            @mick

to jake knight i have changed tack on twin shafts decided to put a 12v motor in

i am useing mfa 850 with a water cooling coil on and a 12v 7amp hr battery

and a 55 twin bladed prop with an electonize 15amp esc do you think this should

be ok look on my photos its the boat i was trying to find the name of i have decided

to modify it to look like a chris craft boat thanks for the input mick

Paul T
            Participant
              @pault84577

Hi Mick 

I would advise caution before fitting the esc it would be best to check how many amps the motor pulls under full load, to do this fit the motor / prop shaft / prop in the hull and put it in a bath full of water connect an amp meter to the loop and fire up the motor this will give you the maximum amp load.

Paul

mick
              Participant
                @mick

hiya paul

the amp load that mfa say is supposed  to pull 11amp max  but i will check just i case

thanks for mentioning  it  never thought about  that  i was just  going  what was stated thanks

mick 

Paul T
                Participant
                  @pault84577

Hi Mick

The size of prop and the tightness of the prop shaft all add to the amp draw you might be surprised at just how many amps the initial pull will be.

Paul

mick
                  Participant
                    @mick

hiya paul  you made me think and i have mfa mechanical controller i might  use

that instead dont wont to blow the esc although  it is fused at 15 amps  thanks

again mick 

mick
                    Participant
                      @mick

I.e. props shafts

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)