Dockyard Model Shop

Advert

Dockyard Model Shop

Home Forums Buy/Sell or Trade Dockyard Model Shop

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ray Wood 3
    Participant
      @raywood3

Hi All,

Rob Bright has decided to finally close his shop on the 16th of April, due to combination of people not buying stuff due to the current financial climate, rent, not being able to get stock etc and having been there for us all over many years.

All my boats have been fitted out with bits from !

Rob's first love is RC Flying (and his Audi TT) so I wish him all the very best and hope to see him flying over the weekends this summer

Regards Ray

Advert
      Ray Wood 3
      Participant
        @raywood3

Chatham Dockyard Model Shop to close 🙁

Richard Simpson
        Participant
          @richardsimpson88330

Another one bites the dust. Very sad Ray but no-one can be expected to do these things for nothing. A time will come when there will be none left.

neil hp
          Participant
            @neilhp

A time will come when there will be none left.

And that will sadly lead to less people scratch building or semi scratch, and also to those who design and sell kits, becoming less and less.

W e will one day be left with very few building model boats……….sad reality of life.

Ray Wood 3
            Participant
              @raywood3

Hi All,

Rob has been running the shop at the Dockyard for 29 years and is in his 70's now so I think he will enjoy the weekends

I imagine with the economic down turn recently has stopped folk splashing out on the big ticket £500.00 kits, which must include the best profit margin ?

We scratch builders on here don't really buy enough to keep a model shop afloat I would imagine, the mail order and online retailers had a boom time during the Covid lock down !! and with the youngsters who have mortgages it must be a nightmare with the interest rate rises

Regards Ray

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)