Complete Novice

Advert

Complete Novice

Home Forums Soapbox Complete Novice

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    John Trueman
    Participant
      @johntrueman31489

Hi – I'm 64 and a complete novice to model boats. My Late father was a keen modeller (boats, trains, tanks, cars and planes) Sadly I did not inherit his passion or skill. I did however inherit some of his models, both scratch built and manufactured. The scratch builds have gone to a local museum as per Dads wishes, but that leaves a Groupner Bismark and Groupner Prince of Wales battlecruisers. Both have been sailed under RC once each and then stored. My question is – both have suffered minor damage to masts etc but I don't have the skills to fix and I need help with this and to learn how to sail /transport and look after them. Are there any local clubs or individuals that I could approach Manchester area.

Advert
      John Trueman
      Participant
        @johntrueman31489
        Peter Sykes
        Participant
          @petersykes47234

Hi,

You'll find a local club on google. On here there are always people who are willing to offer help and advice. Just ask away.

Regards

Peter

Tony Hadley
          Participant
            @tonyhadley

John,

In the Manchester area, the two clubs which I know of are Bury Metro Marine Modelling Society and the Mutual Mills Model Boat Club in Heywood. I am unsure as to their current arrangements in the current situation and can't advise any more. Manchester is a large area, so there could be clubs nearer to you.

**LINK**

**LINK**

Richard Simpson
            Participant
              @richardsimpson88330

A place the size of Manchester has a good number of clubs so you are better looking at least north or south of the city, depending on your own location. This is a handy site to have a look through:

https://www.modelclubs.co.uk/

Kev.W
              Participant
                @kev-w

There was mention of a 'Trafford Park MBC', sailing at Sale Park on Sundays.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)