Competitions

Advert

Competitions

Home Forums Soapbox Competitions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Paul T
    Participant
      @pault84577

When reading my January issue of Model Boats I find that the wonderful and resourceful editor Mr. Paul Freshney has managed to procure a fantastic Dremel 75 year anniversary tool kit which is being offered in a very nice competition.

Of course I will be entering and hoping to win.

But I have to ask the question of our own dear web controller, the ever frendly Vinnie, when will we see such a competition on the web site???????? 

But then I do understand that it could be very difficult to orgonise such a competition via the web.

Sorry Vinnie but someone was bound to ask   and I bet your glad it was me

Cheers Vinnie and happy christmas. 

Advert
      Vinnie Branigan
      Participant
        @vinniebranigan92297

When somebody offers me something as a prize. I have no intentions of buying them myself. 

Vinnie 

Paul T
        Participant
          @pault84577

What about your huge media expense account, surely that could stretch to a ham sandwich?

Take care

Paul

Vinnie Branigan
          Participant
            @vinniebranigan92297

Actually, I’ve just checked my pennies, and if I don’t buy any presents for my family I should be able to afford to buy a small prize to brighten some stranger’s life up on this site.  Then again….I’d rather eat this christmas, so I won’t be buying any prizes. 

Vinnie 

Paul T
            Participant
              @pault84577

Oh Vinnie you scrooge

I thought we were all one big family on this site and its not as though we would expect much as a prize, a small yacht perhaps or maybe 2 weeks in your villa in the West Indies. After all you can’t live in all of your houses and holiday homes at the same time!!!and you do have that spare sunseeker just lying in Kingston doing nothing.

Never mind Vinnie its nearly christmas then all the site members will be on holiday with nothing to do but drink and post inane questions Ho Ho Ho

Paul

Paul T
              Participant
                @pault84577

Hi Vinnie

What do you mean you also have a christmas break? who will guide us through the perils of posting photos on the gallery.

Paul

Vinnie Branigan
                Participant
                  @vinniebranigan92297

I didn’t say I have a break?  I don’t.  I shall be here on Christmas day as normal. I’m not allowed any time off.

Vinnie 

Paul T
                  Participant
                    @pault84577

Oh Vinnie you poor man.

What a high price to pay for stardom, still I imagine other celebrities are just the same in having to work 24 – 7. Just think of all that money that they earn.

Now I am more like father christmas, big, fat, jolly and only work one night a year.

Keep on smiling

Manxman
                    Participant
                      @manxman

Ay –  thats the kind of job I had in mind, the pays rubbish but oh, those holidays !

sorry Paul, counldn’t let you have a whole thread to yourself ….

Cheers – Ken

Paul T
                      Participant
                        @pault84577

Hi Ken

But the pay is not rubbish, in fact it is very very good and you are right the holidays are fantastic. That is the joy of a life in the building game and a  good pension.

Still I would like to win a Dremel set. (and have some fun winding Vinnie up at the same time)

Lots more cheers (isle of jura single malt)

Paul

Manxman
                        Participant
                          @manxman

Hi Paul,

I’ve heard on the grapevine the Dremel set has already been won – by some Simon Cowel bloke !

Ken

Paul T
                          Participant
                            @pault84577

Hi Ken

Well that’s just the reality of life today these media mogul types sticking together, Simon Cowel wins a dremel and Paul Freshney wins Britians got talent with his combo group the model rockers

Now that is something that I would pay good money to see Paul Freshney and Vinnie Branigan fronting the editorial band of mods and rockers. Just imagine the platform boots and the sequins stuck onto the Vick’s chest rub.

Perhaps we should encourage them to perform for next years children in need  

What do you say guys? are you up for it??

The question was met with a deafening embarrassed silence as the editorial team took the time for the concept to sink in and each member quietly considered just how to get out of this one without upsetting their public.

I do love christmas don’t you

Paul

Vinnie Branigan
                            Participant
                              @vinniebranigan92297

I’m just letting you waffle on.  If it keeps you occupied and stops you both annoying the old ladies in the rest of the care home….why not?

Vinnie 

Paul T
                              Participant
                                @pault84577

Its not the nice old ladies that are my problem, its the young ladies finishing school next door that wears me out.

Paul

Manxman
                                Participant
                                  @manxman

Yea – its all that running back and forth that does it.

I had a similar problem the other week, when 5 young ladies came backing on my door demanding my attention, I told them straight – 1 of them would have to go home – then I woke up ! Damn.

I’ve just noticed the resemblance – doesn’t our Vinnie look like Phil Collins !

I remember Vinnie saying how much he loved chocolate – was that him in the gorilla costume doing the Cadbury’s advert – nice bit of drumming there Vin.

Ken

Paul T
                                  Participant
                                    @pault84577
                                  Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)