brass portholes

Advert

brass portholes

Home Forums Static modelling brass portholes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Steve Harvey
    Participant
      @steveharvey79091
      hi; i`m building the New Maquette kit of the SS France, & i`ve lost some of the brass eyelets that are uused for the portholes (approx 1100 !).
      the eyelets are fitted using a 2mm drill bit – anybody out there with any idea where i can get some more ? i`ve trawled the `net, but so far without success.
      anybody have any contact details for new maquettes themselves?
      thanks, in advance.
      steve harvey, plymouth.
      Advert
      Steve Harvey
      Participant
        @steveharvey79091
        tom thomas
        Participant
          @tomthomas28293

Perhaps you can use the small eyelets that are used in model airplanes. They are used to guide the control rods through the bulkheads. They come in different sizes, and come in brass and silver. They may be a viable alternative.

Colin Bishop
            @colinbishop34627
            Westbourne Models stock New Maquette kits and fittings although portholes are not listed.

They may be able to get hold of replacements for you or suggest an alternative. Give Barry a ring, he is very helpful. The number is: 01202 763480

Colin
            Steve Harvey
            Participant
              @steveharvey79091
              thanks tom; had already thought of that (have built several r/c planes in the past), but still dont know where to get them – we`re talking approx 100 !
              thankyou colin – yes, barry is very helpful, thats why i buy all my gear from westbourne (including the kit !), and he`s looking into it at the moment…
            Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)