Bismarck boat colours?

Advert

Bismarck boat colours?

Home Forums Scratch build Bismarck boat colours?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anthony Rumsey
    Participant
      @anthonyrumsey39979

any one know the ral number or a humbrol paint number for the upper decks of the ships boats upper deck it appears to be some sort of reddeish brown

Advert
      Guido Sambucetti
      Participant
        @guidosambucetti90794

Hi,
        I´m not very sure this will help, but check this site: “www.shipcamouflage.com”. Click on the “S&S Paint chips sets” icon and then on “Kriegsmarine set#2”. There´s a “Deckfarbebraun” that may be the one you´re looking for. You´ll probable need to buy the set to have an accurate pattern to which to match any paint.

Best of lucks.
        GUIDO.

PS: There used to be a book in German, something like “Anstriche und Tarnanstriche der Kriesgmarine” (my German is veeery poor, so don´t trust my spelling) that had the same colour charts as the website, plus a list of colours without samples and a few colour photos. Perhaps you can still find it on Amazon or Bookfinder.

Frikkie Mieny
        Participant
          @frikkiemieny97234

Hi,
          Is this a scratch build boat or a kit, I am looking desertally looking for plans
          Regards

Frikkie

Anthony Rumsey
          Participant
            @anthonyrumsey39979

it is a semi scratch built model at 1/128 scale made on a fleetscale hull i have a spare set of plans at this scale and i am building the parts using a cd of a paper bismarck scaled to that size if you are interested i can send you a copy of the cd and the plans at cost i have been making it for 4 years about 2 more to go…

Richard Dall
            Participant
              @richarddall80651

I don’t know if this is any help but I have an article in the Feb 1989 edition of Marine Modelling Monthly about the wartime colours of the Tirpitz. This article states that as commissioned, Tirpitz’s upper decks were light sea grey (Humbrol Matt 64). Ship’s motor boat’s sides were also Humbrol 64, black bottoms and rubbing strakes (Humbrol matt 33), natural wood decks and wheelhouses (Humbrol matt 110). (I don’t know if the paint numbers are the same as they were in 1989. I read the magazines but make very few models!)
              Is it reasonable to assume Bismark as commissioned would have been the same as her sister? I assume as Bismark’s career was so short there would have been no color changes throughout her career?

Chris Eves
              Participant
                @chriseves19078

Anthony Rumsey you siad you have the plans of the Bismarck in 1/128 scale on CD. How could I contact you to see about buying a copy of these plans.

Anthony Rumsey
                Participant
                  @anthonyrumsey39979

send email address and iwill send you it also have 2 other cds withs plans and photos of bismarck and aready made 1.128 scale plan which i bought 2 copies of when i bought fleetscale hull if interested you can have for the price of the discs to be copied plus postage will sell plans cheap as well dont need 2 copies

Anthony Rumsey
                  Participant
                    @anthonyrumsey39979
                  Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)