A Couple of Videos

Advert

A Couple of Videos

Home Forums Soapbox A Couple of Videos

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Richard Simpson
    Participant
      @richardsimpson88330

Just having a play guys.  I thought I would have a go at embedding a video from my YouTube Channel and see how it goes.

Stuart Turner 10V Engine

Advert
      Richard Simpson
      Participant
        @richardsimpson88330

Well that one worked so how about another:

TVR1A test run

Colin Bishop
          @colinbishop34627

And that one worked too!

Colin

harry smith 1
          Participant
            @harrysmith1

Hi All

Video from RC Toys Tasmania.

I had both my Eileen and Helen fishing boats on the water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpAN43W4KkI

Harry Smith

Stephen Garrad
            Participant
              @stephengarrad28964
              On Richard Simpson Said:

Just having a play guys.  I thought I would have a go at embedding a video from my YouTube Channel and see how it goes.

Stuart Turner 10V Engine

Richard

Is that the Stuart Turner people who made the small 4 HP petrol engine that was used in the “Trip round the Bay” boat  “Ocean Swell” I helped on when I was a lad in Ilfracombe. The boss, the local RNLI coxwain used to take the engine out in the winter & send it by train the Stuart Turners for refurb, somewhere near London?

Stephen

PS Both videos worked for me.

Richard Simpson
              Participant
                @richardsimpson88330

Hi Stephen, the company has been in existence since the end of the 19th Century, I think 1898, and has changed name and location once or twice over the years.  It has also ventured into other areas of business, whether within the same company or as separate entities I’m not sure.  I do know they they used to produce small steam engines and boilers for small boats so I am certain that the one you remember will also have been one of theirs.

As an example of their diversity Stuart Turner produced an engine for the Dayton motorcycle in 1910, followed by their own shaft-driven motorcycle. This was followed by a successful range of portable electrical power generators (installed on Ernest Shackleton’s polar expedition ship). The 1930s saw the introduction of a successful range of outboard boat engines, lightweight “back-packable” S.T. generators being used by two teams trying to conquer Everest, and the development of techniques for pump technology. With this range of new enterprises on the horizon, the model engineering business was separated out as Stuart Models in around 1930.

Stuart Turner still exist today whose main business is now water pump technology (used in products such as power showers).  A totally separate company although from the same roots, Stuart Models, now located in Bridport, Dorset still produce a range of steam models, many of which are produced from the same designs introduced over 100 years ago.

Stephen Garrad
                Participant
                  @stephengarrad28964

Thanks for that Richard.

It was a small, petrol, hand started 2 stroke engine so that seems likely.

Stephen

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)