6ft type 21 frigate H.M.S ARROW 173

Advert

6ft type 21 frigate H.M.S ARROW 173

Home Forums Gallery 6ft type 21 frigate H.M.S ARROW 173

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Anthony Stance
    Participant
      @anthonystance12355

Happy new year to everyone my new addition a 6ft 1980s build of the H.M.S ARROW got lots of fine detail to complete so will keep the photos coming hope you like her 😊 20221117_080406.jpg

Advert
      Anthony Stance
      Participant
        @anthonystance12355

H.M.S ARROW

Anthony Stance
        Participant
          @anthonystance12355

20221223_010904.jpg

Anthony Stance
          Participant
            @anthonystance12355

20221218_165351.jpg

Anthony Stance
            Participant
              @anthonystance12355

20221205_213938.jpg

Anthony Stance
              Participant
                @anthonystance12355

20221218_172101.jpg

Anthony Stance
                Participant
                  @anthonystance12355

hmsarrow6.jpg

Anthony Stance
                  Participant
                    @anthonystance12355

_.jpeg

Richard Simpson
                    Participant
                      @richardsimpson88330

Very nice looking model. Hopefully not too much to do to her to get her back on the water.

Anthony Stance
                      Participant
                        @anthonystance12355

Many thanks Richard yeah in the process of updating the electronic equipment not sure to keep as a shelf queen jury's still out on this one as don't think there's that many out there .

Richard Simpson
                        Participant
                          @richardsimpson88330

It would be a shame not to see her on the water at least just the once.

ashley needham
                          Participant
                            @ashleyneedham69188

Great model Anthony. Be a shame, if not criminal, not to sail her!

Besides being heavy, the main issue with moving such big boats about is damage, such a lot of small stuff to bend and break…masking in particular. I can get my similarly sized HMS Diamond into and out of the car by myself, but sitting it back down at the pond and launching/recovery is a two man job. I normally box all my boats up, but boxes for these bigger models simply take up too much room and are very heavy in themselves.

Big boats do look good on the water though, and sit better on the water than smaller craft.

Ashley.

Anthony Stance
                            Participant
                              @anthonystance12355

Hi Ashley hope your keeping well ,yes you're absolutely spot on with the comments in regards to transport and true enough the larger scale do look fantastic in the water the model in question is a one off build done back in the late 70s early 80s so all new equipment required on the inside ,won't be a big job to be honest I'm wondering how many type 21 model arrows are actually out there ? I know fleetscale do a kit but since talking to them my model appears to be approx 6 inches longer and 2 inches wider too ? So maybe a one off I have the original drawing plans from the 70s cleaned her back re glued most items as time is a cruel mistress to old model boats won't repaint as I feel she looks aged to the correct period in time now I've been doing some light weathering affects adding loads of detail pipework ect and to be fair it's getting there slowly reminds me of the dragon ferry lol

ashley needham
                              Participant
                                @ashleyneedham69188

Anthony. Fortunately the upper deck paintwork on the Diamond was ‘acceptable’, as matching the colour and texture of old paint is nigh on impossible, other than for touching up small areas. Also fortunately the hull on mine had been incorrectly repainted at sometime so I was able to mix a reasonable match for the upper-work and paint the entire hull.

What running gear do you have fitted? Mine had monoperms, which were running perfectly after a clean and lube.

A few crew members would not go amiss…brings the boat to life. I added quite a few….they are a touch oversize but not by much, and add masses of interest.

Ashley

Anthony Stance
                                Participant
                                  @anthonystance12355

Not sure on the running gear it's old but a fellow boat enthusiast thinks it can be updated using original motors as he put power to them and they worked unfortunately the previous owner gutted the inside all that's left are the motors and lots of fuses lol so as electronics are not my speciality I've got some help in that department thankfully. And yes in regards to figures that's definitely on my to do wish that's getting longer lol .Will keep you all updated tho all the best Ashley 👍

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)