Servo Travel

Advert

Servo Travel

Home Forums R/C & Accessories Servo Travel

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Tony Hadley
    Participant
      @tonyhadley

Hi,

Can anyone advise or recommend an R/C set which will give adjustable travel on the servo (or winch). I currently have 3 sets, all 27meg, 2 channel, which have fixed travel. I am looking to purchase a new set, 40meg, 2 or 3 channel with the added feature of adjustable travel length for the servo arm. It will control a lever arm servo on a yacht.

Thanks Tony Hadley.

Advert
      The Reverand
      Participant
        @thereverand

Hi tony

The futaba 4 channel 4ex 40mhz has adjustable servo travel.

Tony Hadley
        Participant
          @tonyhadley

Thanks Dave.

The Reverand
          Participant
            @thereverand

Tony what i didn’t mention about this R/C set it also has reversible servo too.

dave.

Tony Hadley
            Participant
              @tonyhadley

Thanks again Dave,

Following your answers, and researching further, this looks the set for the job. Although not cheap the fuctions are superb. I will be staying with the crystal sets and not using the 2.4 ghz yet.

So a little ‘retail therapy’ is due.

Tony

George Papandropoulos 1
              Participant
                @georgepapandropoulos1

Hi Tony,

I am not quite sure I understand your question, yet I will try to answer ( a most illogical action ).

I have been faced with the problem in rotating a gun by almost 360 deg. something that no ordinary servo can do. So I disassembled the servo used the motor with a proper gearbox and attached the feedback pot with such a reduction gear set to get the ratio of the ordinary servo rotation angle to 360 deg. connected motor and pot to the electronics and the thing worked. One word of advise though. One should be very carefull about the load and gear play to avoid the danger of servo getting into oscillation ( a back and forth move in an effort to zero pot position ).

I don’t really know if I answered your question but I spent some time bragging, which feeds my ego…

George 

Tony Hadley
                Participant
                  @tonyhadley
                Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)