ss Miltiades 1901

Advert

ss Miltiades 1901

Home Forums Scratch build ss Miltiades 1901

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Colin Bishop
      @colinbishop34627

Having finished my paddler Bilsdale and Greek Fishing Boat I am now revisiting my partially completed build of the ss Miltiades of 1901. When construction was suspended back in 2021 during Covid, I had essentially completed the hull and fitted out the running gear. The loss of sight in one eye due to a retinal vein occlusion made continuing with the build at 1:150 scale problematical, hence the reversion to subsequent larger scale models.

The success of the two subsequent models  has encouraged me to return to Miltiades but working to the much smaller scale is going to be a challenge. However, never say no and I hope to maintain the standards of the current state of the build. Miltiades is a lovely prototype and I still hope to do her justice. A few images below.

Colin

(DTR)IMG_2806(DTR)IMG_2835(DTR)IMG_2844DSCN0210

Advert
      Richard Simpson
      Participant
        @richardsimpson88330

Lovely ship Colin.  Interesting to observe the design features still carried over from sailing ship days into the era of steam propulsion.  The very yacht looking bow with a bow sprit and the barn door rudder being quite noticeable examples.

Being a meat and fruit carrier she would have been pretty fast for her day as well and possibly one of the earliest examples of a refrigerated ship?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)