Schnellboot 1/24 Scratchbuild

Advert

Schnellboot 1/24 Scratchbuild

Home Forums R/C & Accessories Schnellboot 1/24 Scratchbuild

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Stuart Brown
    Participant
      @stuartbrown83693

I am building a WW2 Scnellboot from scratch though I am happy to affix preassembled deck fittings etc. Does anyone know where I can get such items as the binocular stand, torpedo deck mounts, galley chimney stacks etc.

Also does any body understand the ‘Luressen Effekt’ with regard to the three ‘rudders’? Please explain if you do!!! Does this effect work on scale models or should I just forget being that accurate?

Advert
      mick
      Participant
        @mick

hiya stuart i have had some fitting custom made by a gentleman

on e bay you can always ask him he makes a  good job his handle on ebay is

boatmanwales hope this of help mick 

CDSC123
        Participant
          @cdsc123

Hi Stuart

Re Lurssen effect, there are several incorrect descriptions on the www so I will quote from Harald Foch’s Fast Fighting Boats;

…."is based on the flow structure in the vicinity of the propellers and behind them. By swinging out the aerofoil shaped side rudders to about 30 degrees a sudden flow breaking takes place inside the wake, and an air-filled hollow space is caused so that direction and acceleration of the water as well as the stern trimming is markedly influenced.

The following three effects are caused;

1.The rpm is lowered by some revolutions, or the power rises at constant revolutions, as a cause of the retained wake. The propeller efficiency is improved and the speed up-raised by about one knot.

2. The stern wave lifted at about 27m behind the ship is flattened and the other waves lowered remarkably.

3. The stern trim of about 2 1/2 degrees at maximum speed is removed so that the boat runs nearly horizontal.

I hope this helps, I would hazard a guess that the same effect cannot be reproduced on a scale model running in full-size water, if you see what I mean, although I’d be interested to see how you get on.

Cheers,

Christian. 

Stuart Brown
          Participant
            @stuartbrown83693

Fittings Supplier?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)