Revell Snowberry

Advert

Revell Snowberry

Home Forums R/C & Accessories Revell Snowberry

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    paul ladhams
    Participant
      @paulladhams33434

Im building a 1/72 model of HMCS snowberry by Revell, but am unsure as to what electrics i should use for it, has anyone else built one and could advise?

Advert
      paul ladhams
      Participant
        @paulladhams33434

forgot to say im vonverting her to radio control!

ashley needham
        Participant
          @ashleyneedham69188

Hi Paul. dont seem to many takers for your question! I havn`t built one of these, but I did motorise a plastic toy battleship so the principle is the same. I should imagine that you have a weight allowance for a standard 27 or 40m receiver, 4 or possibly a 5 cell aa type battery pack, one of those small Viper 10a esc (with bec to power the receiver), standard servo and for the motor…a 385, or my favourite, a Graupner speed 280  with lightweight 2mm shaft should do. You could sit this lot in the hull in the bath first to see how the waterline sits before glueing anything in , in case less batteries or a miniature servo is required. Cornwall model boats also lists a tiny long motor for this sort of application. Battery pack could be simply a battery box from maplin, although the weight of this would be saved with a proper made up pack.   Ashley

paul ladhams
          Participant
            @paulladhams33434

Well ive had the good fortune to be able to buy a built and painted snowberrly fitted with a motor and servo, but i need some advice.  Shes currently fitted with a graupner speed 400 motor, what type of motor controller would i need to run it, what ampage etc.  Thinking of going for something out of mtroniks range.

ashley needham
            Participant
              @ashleyneedham69188

Paul, the Viper 10A controller should be fine for a speed 400, I think these motors are rated at 4A max efficiency, and you wont have a massive twisty prop on it, will you???   Ashley

paul ladhams
              Participant
                @paulladhams33434

Well the prop shaft is 7 inches long, the prop itself is small plastic, but cant see a way to remove it from shaft, anyone have any ideas? cant see a grub screw on prop holding it on, hope its not glued on!

ashley needham
                Participant
                  @ashleyneedham69188

Paul. sounds like the constructor MAY have used the kit prop and it therefore may well be glued on. Is it hard  plastic or soft plastic? a commercial "ordinary" model boat prop would be nylon or something, a plastic kit prop would likely be polystyrene and therefore glueable to a shaft. A scale brass prop may look bettter and perform better, especially with a feisty speed 400 motor. I might consider changing it personally…    Ashley

paul ladhams
                  Participant
                    @paulladhams33434

the prop shaft is actually 8 inches long, the prop unscrewed eventually! the prop shaft has a 2mm threaded end, trying to see if i can get an astec prop shaft with a 4mm threaded ebd to fit, if i can then im going for a 35mm brass prop, should look better and work better, the plastic prop is a graupner, as is the shaft and motor, and has seen better days, edges are in a slightly moth eaten state!

paul ladhams
                    Participant
                      @paulladhams33434
                    Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)