pushrods

Advert

pushrods

Home Forums R/C & Accessories pushrods

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    gecon
    Participant
      @gecon

That's the way we made them on our KK Mini Super and KK Super 60's…in the 60's! Very light and worked at treat–in the lower speed ranges!

George

Advert
      gecon
      Participant
        @gecon
        Ray Wood 3
        Participant
          @raywood3

Hi George,

Yes my first torque rod was from the rubber powered Elmic Conquest escapement to the rudder of a single channel Veron Deacon PAW 1.5 diesel powered , around 1970, If I could land it back in the same field it was a major success

BTW the Fisher is looking great !!

Regards Ray

gecon
          Participant
            @gecon

Hi Ray,

didn't notice your reply above until this morning! I can remember the Elmic Conquest -and the Veron Deacon adverts in RCM&E and Radio Modeller.

Maybe it was a Conquest I had in my Mini Super. There were other escapement versions but I don't remember what they were called.

I seem to remember that 'my' escapement had some sort of arrangment for a 'blip' of up elevator…which I think is why my Mini Super stalled on climb-out after my father hand-launched it!

Is the Mini Super to be 'politically correct' and fitted with electric power?

George

Chris E
            Participant
              @chrise

Yes. Shortened Bicycle spokes for the metal parts bound with heavy duty thread and white glue to a 1/4 balsa pushrod. We used to put a hook on the end of the spoke and a matching hole in the wood to make sure that it didn't move.

My models were rather less relaxed than a KK Super 60.

I started with a fibreglass 3 channel fibreglass 60" something (which I never liked as it was heavy and with an Enya 32 underpowered) then a Yamamoto (Irvine 40) then a WOT4 Mk1 48" ( which started with the Irvine 40 and as I had learned my lesson Irvine 61 + Pipe!) then a Vertigo and a Panic biplane. Irvine motors were great except the carbs. They were glass filled nylon and gradually grabbed the throttle barrel ever tighter. I think they gave me a new carb about once a month. Eventually I replaced it with the card off an OS61FSR which someone had destroyed leaving the carb undamaged.

I remember one old guy (probably younger than I am now) who had a super 60. He came down to the field and spent the afternoon telling us off for flying like hoodlums ( which was anything more than a gentle bentley around the field) before finally plucking up the courage for a single flight, This was a few laps of the field always in the same direction before a landing which was, to be fair, always within sane walking distance of where he was stood. Hhappy days.

Now small bits of foam and brushless motors but much more acrobatic than any of the larger planes.

Edited By Chris E on 07/03/2021 10:01:27

Ray Wood 3
              Participant
                @raywood3

Hello George,

Yes I've been flying electric aeroplanes since the mid 90's with a Blenheim twin, much safer than IC twin of which I have crashed few twins when one engine stopped !! My favourite was my Bristol Freighter

But I'm not a true believer in the clean and quiet electrics and much rather have an infernal combustion engine on the front The Mini Super has a .15 OS glow motor which will allow take of from a sand beach, but would require a .25 to get off grass, beside it is a new ASP .90 four stroke for my Vultee Valiant.

Also my little Sun XXI as this is a model boat forum

Are you getting your vaccinations in Norway OK ?? I've had my first one.ms & sun xxi.jpg

Regards Ray

Chris E
                Participant
                  @chrise

A couple of members flew the Dave Boddington Tinker biplane (OS15) which was a truly lovely little model and about the only 3 channel that I ever enjoyed apart from a Red Zephyr that appeared occasionally.

All the Boddington designed planes that I flew were much better than the average. I always fancied a Barnstormer 63 but never built one.

Never tried a Mini Super. Were Mini Supers all 3 channel like the Ben Buckle kit?

gecon
                  Participant
                    @gecon

Hi Ray,

Not had the Covid jab yet. Supplies seem to be restricted but health minister says that April and May will see inceased availability. Luckily Norway has a low Covid spread rate -especially where I live in the south west. Staying 'in the trenches' until about mid-summer i suspect. Standing alone by a lake will be no problem on 'launch day'!

George

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)