futaba6exap6channel (40 MHZ)

Advert

futaba6exap6channel (40 MHZ)

Home Forums R/C & Accessories futaba6exap6channel (40 MHZ)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Duncan Cameron
    Participant
      @duncancameron29526

This radio  transmitter and receiver  i have equired is a system for aircraft and all the instructions  in the handbook refer to programming such. I would like to use this radio to control a TUG . Is this possible  and if so cAN ANYONE ADVISE ME HOW TO GO ABOUT THIS . Any help or advice would be appreciated

CENTO

?

Advert
      Telstar
      Participant
        @telstar

Hi CENTO

All things are possible.  You will find almost ALL RC systems handbooks are written with aircraft in mind. On my tug, I use left side vertical stick on transmitter (with no spring return to center) as throttle (main drive on my single screw) the right side horizontal stick (i think normally ailerons for aircraft) i use as the rudder (with self center). From there on different people have different needs :-

Right side vertical up(self center) I use for horn, horn sounds when I hold the stick up.

SWitched channel (aircraft undercarrage) I use to switch navigation lights.

I don’t have mixers etc set up but I’m an old modeller and don’t appreciate all these electronic gizmos. Most of the guy’s in the model club I’m in seem to use left hand for throttle/sail controle   and right hand for steering as above, but for other functions its what you are comfortable with. Twin and multiply props vary from modifying Tx layout (not for the faint hearted)  to fully intergrated rudder/throttle mixersthat modify the inside and outside prop speed when turning.

If you are a member of a model boat club I’m sure there are members who will help and advise.  If you are not in a model boat club I would suggest you try to locate one in your area. There are usually some very knowlegable people there

Best of luck with your tug  (I have photos of mine on the gallery)

Cheers Telstar

Duncan Cameron
        Participant
          @duncancameron29526

Thank you Telstar for your very detailed  help and advice. I will now go away and have a go and see if how things turn out .

There is no  model boat club near at hand ,, they are all into model planes. and the local model shop  .is new, and not clewed up  (yet)    on boats and radios. Anyway things are looking up and the Forum is certainly an excellent source  of help and advice.

I will let you know in due course how i get on.

Thanks again.

Duncan Cameron
          Participant
            @duncancameron29526

Hi Telstar,   I followed your advice  and have everything up and working.Thank you once again its good to know that there is help available on the forum. My Tug is destined for Bristol ,in due course , for my Grandson.

CENTO

Michael Bran
            Participant
              @michaelbran84391

Hi Have you looked on the Futaba web site, they give a lot of info about their systems there.

Duncan Cameron
              Participant
                @duncancameron29526

Thank you Michael for your  info. To be honest i did not think of checking the Futaba site . When i received Telstar’s advice i got down to work  AND THROUGH TRIAL AND ERROR i have managed to  adapt .it to work the electronics on my Tug . Thanks again.                

CENTO

albatross
                Participant
                  @albatross

My tug has two motors driving through two Schottel drives. I have channel 3 (left up/down) for the left motor channel 2 right up/down for the right motor and the across ones for their respective drives.

I have programmed it so when when a switch is thrown channel 3 becomes a "master" and the other throttle one 2 moves with it, similarly 2 is master and 4 moves with it. This can be used for normal sailing and when decoupled more versatile maneuvers can be done… That’s the idea anyway, not been to the pool with the new transmitter yet.

I’m also fitting a switch to the 5th channel so that the signal wire on channel one is switched to a third ESC, to drive the bow thruster.

Duncan Cameron
                  Participant
                    @duncancameron29526

Thank you "albatros",i will be giving thought to your idea’s but as an "old"guy it takes  a lot of thought.  Every success when you undertake your trials               

cento

Duncan Cameron
                    Participant
                      @duncancameron29526
                    Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)