Comtesse Sailing Yacht

Advert

Comtesse Sailing Yacht

Home Forums Sailing Models Comtesse Sailing Yacht

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 51 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    gecon
    Participant
      @gecon

Back to the Krick Ro-Marin Comtesse…..I see that I should perhaps have opened the thread under Build Blog Also for the Fisher. What started off as request for info on the original Fisher 46 has evolved into ramblings about everything. And "photo-build-blogs" for both yachts.

The Fisher is all my own fault so-to-speak and the build processes have developed as needed to make it look reasonbly scale.

The Comtesse is also looking something like I had in mind, like the Fisher, a resemblance of something I once sailed, full size. Some of the drawings for the Comtesse are a bit confusing at first, main mast drawn upside-down and in the case of the main and jib boom drawings, drawn almost mirror-imaged I had to focus the grey cell a few times to get the holes drilled in the right places. Some supplied eyebolts where too short to be used as instructed.

I may well be moving soon…to Build Blog. Have to drive the Admiral to the hairdressers now, They're opening up again in Norway and starting to rob the ladies again. Costs more than a Comtesse kit each time!

George

Advert
      gecon
      Participant
        @gecon

Just thought I should mention -in fairness to Krick, that they have today informed that a replacement shaft-to-motor coupling will be sent to Norway. It took some time -and two e-mails- to get a reply, but this may be due to the dreaded corona-pox. All services seem to be on low-speed these days.

Wish a good weekend to all -or at least to any poor soul who looks in here!

George

Viewing 2 posts - 51 through 52 (of 52 total)