Precedent Huntsman 34″

Advert

Precedent Huntsman 34″

Home Forums Collectors’ corner Precedent Huntsman 34″

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 23 posts - 26 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Ray Wood 3
    Participant
      @raywood3

huntsman 2 jan 17 003.jpgHi Harry you are doing a fine restoration job on this Huntsman, you are reaching the stage that made me put my boat up the loft for 5-10 years. Window frames worried me but then I found cockpit glue

Regards Rayhuntsman 2 jan 17 001.jpg

Advert
      harry smith 1
      Participant
        @harrysmith1

Hi Ray

I think the wood in the cabin is liteply, which if it is I am not a fan of the stuff .

The original window frames a plywood and I think I will replace these with white plastic card.

The tint plastic looks OK in the windows, I have to work out which colour to use(grey or orange/yellow).

I plan on veneer planking the deck.

Harry Smith

harry smith 1
        Participant
          @harrysmith1

Hi All

Repaired the other side of the forward cabin and sprayed on under coated/ filler.

Harry

Ian Riddick
          Participant
            @ianriddick46987

Harry, Dave Milbourn suggested I look at your posts, can you tell me which 60amp car esc you have used I am intending to run a Turnigy 3548-4 in my Modav Huntsman 31 with 3cell lipo. there are two esc's i have looked at on the hobbyking site which one do you think would be the most suitable of the two listed below.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobbykingr-tm-x-car-60a-brushless-car-esc-sensored-sensorless.html

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobbykingr-tm-60a-sensored-sensorless-car-esc-1-10-1-12.html

these are both on the car section esc's on the hobbyking site.

regards Ian Riddick

harry smith 1
            Participant
              @harrysmith1

Hi Ian

We use this range of car ESC's **LINK**

The same program card works on the Hobbyking 30A to 100A( HK-30A, HK-45A, HK-60A and HK-100A).

Program card (PROG-CARD).

I use the same setup on all my boats, the only change is the battery cut off voltage for 2,3 and 4S Lipo's.

1 Cutoff Voltage for 3S=10.2 and 4S=13.6
              2 Start Power Percent=10%
              3 Advance Timing=4
              4 Run Mode=2
              5 Brake Force=1
              6 Drag Brake Force=1
              7 Neutral Range=1
              8 Initial Brake Force=1
              9 Reverse Force=1

Harry

harry smith 1
              Participant
                @harrysmith1

stern planking2.jpgstern planking 1.jpgbow planking2.jpgHi All

Started the deck planking !!!

Harrybow planking 1.jpg

harry smith 1
                Participant
                  @harrysmith1

stern planking3.jpgHi All

Still Planking !!!

Harrybow planking3.jpg

harry smith 1
                  Participant
                    @harrysmith1

stern planking 5.jpgHi All

Well I finished the deck so onto the cabin and install the rudder.

Harrybow planking 5.jpg

harry smith 1
                    Participant
                      @harrysmith1

up size rudder.jpgcabin 4.jpgcabin 3.jpgcabin 2.jpgHi All

Painted cabin white on the roof with blue sides.

Also installing a bigger rudder!!!

Harrycabin 1.jpg

Dave Milbourn
                      Participant
                        @davemilbourn48782

Harry

I'd keep the rudder as 'shallow' as possible (i.e. distance from the top to the bottom). This is a deep-vee hull and rolls in a turn. The longer the rudder then the more turning/rolling moment is applied, to the point where the boat will flip. Also you don't need much rudder deflection – mine all use about 20° each way.

It's certainly a drastically different boat from the wreck you started with. Now don't leave off the windscreen or pulpit!

Dave M

Edited By Dave Milbourn on 24/10/2017 09:45:33

ashley needham
                        Participant
                          @ashleyneedham69188

That deck looks stunning Harry, can see the contrast now the top is on.

Ashley

harry smith 1
                          Participant
                            @harrysmith1

Hi Dave

The wreck that was not finished and a motor which had not been started in the boat !!!

I am working on the windscreen, but, as I think I require a former to get the shape.

The rear steps in the kit are rubbish, so I will redesign them.

The dash in the kit is non scale like, so that's been redesigned to look a bit more scale.

The last two days I made all the blacked-out windows, but, have not started on the white frames.

The original ones are thin plywood and have a few bits missing, so it's plastic card for these.

The forward hand rail is missing, but my go to guy said he will make it for me if I buy the stainless.

Lucky the air scoops were in the box of bits!!!

I got 20 white LED Christmas Fairy lights with battery holder and switch on 1.9 metres of cable from the cheap shop $2 AU.

I think that light up the interior at night.

Harry

harry smith 1
                            Participant
                              @harrysmith1

windows 3.jpgwindows 2.jpgwindows 1.jpgprop and rudder.jpgHi All

A few pics !!!!

Harrymotor installed.jpg

harry smith 1
                              Participant
                                @harrysmith1

Hi All

Float test on the weekend and repositioned the battery.

The guys said to give it a run, so I ran it without the cabin.

Sits very well and turns very well both ways.

Only ran on 3S Lipo battery, but it was very quick.

In to making the windscreen.

A two piece one to start with and may make a one piece if I can find to right stuff.

Harry Smith

PS. IF Dave M trips down under he can have a free play with the boat( I will turn down the throttle for him).

All a head 1/3 sir!!!

Dave Milbourn
                                Participant
                                  @davemilbourn48782

It's a tempting offer, Harry, but I'll have to decline – at least for the time being. Mine's quite fast enough for me.

**LINK**

DM

harry smith 1
                                  Participant
                                    @harrysmith1

main windscreen 5.jpgmain windscreen 4.jpgmain windscreen 3.jpgmain windscreen 2.jpgHi All

Finally finished the mould for the windscreen which has taken a bit of time to get it right.

Made the windscreen in two halves and looks pretty good sitting on the boat.

The yellow tint looks great with the Heritage Blue from British Paints.

Harry Smithmain windscreen 1.jpg

harry smith 1
                                    Participant
                                      @harrysmith1

HI All

Make the window frames and windscreen frames today, oh what fun I have not cut this styrene plastic sheeting before!!!

A number of hours later in 27 degrees of Tassie summer all finished !!!

Harry Smithmain windscreen frames.jpg

harry smith 1
                                      Participant
                                        @harrysmith1

cockpit aft view.jpgHi All

A bit of work on the cockpit area, before installing the windscreen.

Hand rails are made as well.

Harry Smithcockpit forward view.jpg

Noel
                                        Participant
                                          @noel26080

Looking great, is the floor a colour print of something?

harry smith 1
                                          Participant
                                            @harrysmith1

Hi Noel

Yes you are right, it's a colour print used in doll houses with a clear coat of vanish.

Harry Smith

Ian Riddick
                                            Participant
                                              @ianriddick46987

Harry it is looking very smart. I have been following as I am just at the start of redoing my Huntsman 31 1970s modell. Canyou tell me, are the handrails you mention made from tube or rod and what diameter, as the ones on mine are very thin brass soft wire easily bent and like everything else need replacing.

harry smith 1
                                              Participant
                                                @harrysmith1

Hi Ian

The handrails are the original Precedent ones which are 3mm wooden rod with 3 x 10mm chocks.

The lengths are 190 and 145mm.

Harry Smith

harry smith 1
                                                Participant
                                                  @harrysmith1

top view lights.jpgtop view lights.jpgsearchlight.jpgside scoop with light.jpgstern light.jpgHi All

I have been Fairey slow with my up dates on the boat.

I have Fairey cracking along with my light set up, also my go-to-mate made the side scoops.

These are my version of the Super Swordsman ones as the Precedent side scoops looked to small.

I modified channel five on my Turnigy IA6 from a variable pot to a six position switch from Banggood.

Position 1 HOME, 2 Wheelhouse lights, 3 Forward cabin, 4 Aft cabin, 5 Nav., Mast and Stern lights and 6 Searchlight.

As for the connection between cabin top and hull I used a computer LAN. cable and wall socket.

Harry Smithwheelhouse lights.jpg

Viewing 23 posts - 26 through 48 (of 48 total)