Can you still use Bushy Park boat pond for sailing today

Advert

Can you still use Bushy Park boat pond for sailing today

Home Forums All things floating Can you still use Bushy Park boat pond for sailing today

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Keith Lewis 7
    Participant
      @keithlewis7

I beleive i have seen on an old posting by Ashley Needham that he still sails his boats on the Bushy Park model boat pond. As i am returning to model boats as a hobby and use to sail at this pond many years ago, i was wondering as to whether the pond was stil available for use today. Regards, Keith Lewis.

Advert
      Keith Lewis 7
      Participant
        @keithlewis7
        Colin Bishop
          @colinbishop34627

As Ashley will confirm, the pond is indeed in use by a thriving little informal model boating community and you will be made very welcome. Best day to visit is usually Sunday but if you follow Ashley's Today's Boating thread you will get a good idea of what is going on.

Here is a link to the latest page – you can work backwards from there. To keep up with things use the 'Latest Posts' option.

http://www.modelboats.co.uk/forums/postings.asp?th=49099&p=176

Colin

Edited By Colin Bishop on 20/01/2018 13:35:47

ashley needham
          Participant
            @ashleyneedham69188

Keith, we would be delighted to see you at Bushy Park. As Colin says, Sunday, morning 9 ish until 12 ish is the usual time we gather (and it is not a club), but of course the park is open 7 days a week dusk till dawn for boating.

​Should be there tomorrow weather permitting.

Ashley

Jon Hill 1
            Participant
              @jonhill1

Hi Ashley,

Apologies for the belated contribution to this thread, but exactly where in Bushy Park is the lake you all use.?

My stepson and his family live by the Hampton Hill entrance to the park and when we visit them from North Yorkshire my wife and I often walk through the park looking for the lake but never seem to find anything that looks like a boating lake. (The one that is marked as a boating pond on the old maps is now a silted up weed-bed.) Even on a Sunday morning we have failed to locate the sailing pond or indeed, anyone sailing any model boats.

That said, on one of our fruitless searches I did manage to find a magnificent model U-boat on a wall in the Roebuck Pub in Hampton Road!

If I could find the pond I'd love to come and meet your informal club and look at the boats you sail, and if you were agreeable, perhaps bring along a scale boat of my own.

Jon

Colin Bishop
                @colinbishop34627

It is the one next to the car park at Diana Fountain. Park gates opposite the entrance to Hampton Court Palace.

Colin

ashley needham
                Participant
                  @ashleyneedham69188

Hi Jon. The Hampton gate is right at the other side of the park to the pond! If you were to walk from the gate and just keep going you would reach the road that runs through the park, and if you were to cross the road and keep going you would come to the ponds. On the map the boating pond is the triangular one nearest the centre round fountain lake.

All are welcome, there is no club, just keen boaters!

Ashley

David Osborn 1
                  Participant
                    @davidosborn1

Hi All

I found this thread and wondered if you can still sail RC baots on Bushy park lake ?

Richard Simpson
                    Participant
                      @richardsimpson88330
                      Posted by David Osborn 1 on 26/07/2023 08:33:35:

Hi All

I found this thread and wondered if you can still sail RC baots on Bushy park lake ?

Hi David and welcome to the forum. Have a look at this thread here:

Bushy Park Thread

The answer is most definately yes!

Edited By Richard Simpson on 28/07/2023 12:43:26

ashley needham
                      Participant
                        @ashleyneedham69188

David. Check out the ”Today’s boating “ thread.

However, since the 2018 posts, the park is now a no-through road so access to the pond is only via the Hampton Court entrance.

Ashley

Edited By ashley needham on 01/08/2023 08:12:24

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)