Watson Class Lifeboat

Advert

Watson Class Lifeboat

Home Forums Beginners Watson Class Lifeboat

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Nick Skinner
    Participant
      @nickskinner38548

Help!

I am looking for a kit of a Watson Class Lifeboat, that is not too advanced for a novice builder, at present it will only be for static display but at a future date might be upgraded to Raido Controlled anyone know of such a kit that is avalable.

I would like to make one representing the ex-Southend based RNLI Greater London 2 as I live in Southend!

Many Thanks

Nick

Advert
      Lance White 1
      Participant
        @lancewhite1

Greater London II (C.S.No. 30) was a 46′ 9" Watson that was built in 1955. There has been no kit produced of this type of lifeboat I’m afraid, or of the previous lifeboats stationed at Southend (Greater London CS No. 3 [1928-41, 1945-55] a 48′ Ramsgate type; J.B. Proudfoot [1941-45] a 45′ Watson; Charlie Medford [1924-28] a 43′ Watson pulling & sailing; William Roberts [1923-24] a 40′ Watson pulling & sailing).

The nearest you can get is a 47′ Watson hull and superstructure moulding from Metcalf Mouldings , however the superstructure is the wrong shape for the earlier Watson that you want. The alternative is to scratchbuild – the plans are still available (from etther the RNLI or the National Maritime Museum – I can’t remember which).

The only kit for a Watson lifeboat is for a 41′ Watson –  the Ann Letitia Russell, also from Metcalf Mouldings.

Cheers

Lance 

Nick Skinner
        Participant
          @nickskinner38548
        Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)