Wanted old Model Boats Magazines

Advert

Wanted old Model Boats Magazines

Home Forums Collectors’ corner Wanted old Model Boats Magazines

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Alan Poole
    Participant
      @alanpoole81825

Hi,

Does anybody have Model Boats February 1974 and Model Boats March 1986, that they may wish to sell, these two copies are needed to complete my collection of Model Boats magazine that go back to 1960. Collecting Model Boat magazines is another part of our hobby that is very enjoyable and useful, members of my club often ask me if I can find old articles for them, a difficult task sometimes because as far as I know, there are no indexes available.  

Cheers   Alan…

Advert
      redpmg
      Participant
        @redpmg

Try Tee publications at Leamington Spa . They keep some old copies or at least used to. You can find them on line & contact via email

Peter

Alan Poole
        Participant
          @alanpoole81825

Hello Peter.

Thanks for your reply, I will check them out. I remember going there when at the Model Boat show at the same place some years ago, at that time I was not sure which copies I needed. Thanks for reminding me.

Regards  Alan..

Alan Smith
          Participant
            @alansmith

Hello Alan.

Do you have  a copy of the May 1980 Model boats mag please.

If I have the issue right, it should have a report (written by me). of a scale regatta in Cleethorpes. I would really like to have a copy of that article if possible.

House moves, etc over the years meant that my copy went missing.

Many thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards, Alan.

Alan Poole
            Participant
              @alanpoole81825

Hi Alan.

Yes I do have that copy, the only  reference that I can find mentions your name and address in a MPBA list ammendment. Knowing how these reports get delayed, I checked through later  magazines and found a report for the 6th July 1980 written by yourself. This is in the October 1980 issue.  The magazine in those days was full, well worth the 50pence cover price.

I will copy the article for you and send it to you, please give me your latest postal address.

Kind regards   Alan…

Alan Smith
              Participant
                @alansmith

Hi Alan. What can I say! You have made my day,week, etc. Thank you so much for going to the trouble of finding the regatta report for me.

My old mind had got it firmly as May1980 but it was a long time ago. I would be interested in the photo’s that were published along with the report please.

Best regards, Alan.

Alan Poole
                Participant
                  @alanpoole81825

Feb 74 and March 86

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)