Veron marlin cabin criuser

Advert

Veron marlin cabin criuser

Home Forums Collectors’ corner Veron marlin cabin criuser

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    George Malcolm Griffett
    Participant
      @georgemalcolmgriffett72482

Hello,

My brother in law and I built and sailed a veron marlin kit when I was ten years old some fifty years ago this year. I would dearly love to own and/or build or restore another marlin if anyone can help me to achieve this it would be fantastic news.

I have seen the original plans, but it seems to lack a number of dimensions of parts in order to scratchbuild one just from the plan alone.

Malcolm Griffett.

Advert
      Tony Hadley
      Participant
        @tonyhadley

Malcolm,

Appologies for not answering this posting before. Have you wrote to Phil Smith, who was Veron’s designer? Phil still sells plans for the Veron models. Some of his plans have a photocopy of the cutting templates for the parts, which are very useful, when scratchbuilding what were originally kit models.

Phil can be contacted at 32 Verwood Crescent, Southbourne, Bournemouth, Dorset. BH6 4JE.

Currently I am building the Veron Police Launch, this plan came with the templates. I also have Phils plan of the Veron RTTL (filed away for the future) however this came with no templates.

Hope this helps, Tony.

George Malcolm Griffett
        Participant

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the information ,I will certainly  contact Phil Smith as you suggest to see if he can help with this project,

Cheers Tony, Malcolm.

dave allen
          Participant
            @daveallen30531

Hi George I have a new unused veron Marlin kit still in its original box with plan and instructions, leave your email address if interested and i will send you some pictures

regards dave allen

George Malcolm Griffett
            Participant

Hello Dave,I would be very interested in the kit you have if you could let me have further details that would be fantastic!

My e-mail is [email protected]. Many thanks Malcolm.

Tony Hadley
              Participant
                @tonyhadley

Hi George,

Hope you manage to get the information required, either from Phil Smith, or from Dave’s unused kit. I am sure you will find these Veron designs are a pleasure to build.

As per my previous posting, I am building the ‘Police Launch’. The parts (which are cut from the templates) all fit together without any problems. The stringers are made from three sections, jointed together, these all fit like jigsaw peices.

When these designs were drawn in the 1960’s and 70’s Phil Smith didn’t have any computer cad drawing programmes, a ‘rotring’ pen was state of the art

I hope to soon start an album in the gallery, when progress has progressed further.

Tony Hadley.

George Malcolm Griffett
                Participant

Hello Tony,

I have had contact from dave allen and his kit has answered all my needs on the veron marlin although I shall soon be in contact with Phil Smith as you kindly suggested as my interest veron model kits from that era is still strong and this could be very useful for the future.

Many thanks once again for your help and I shall look forward to seeing your album in the gallery.

George Malcolm!

George Malcolm Griffett
                  Participant
                    Jose Elias
                    Participant
                      @joseelias64565

Hi

I'm looking for a project boat boat or the plans of the Veron's Marlin model.

I saw it here and some two or three pictures more and I felt in love with the boat.

I'm retired, 65 years old and would like to make it "My project" Anyone can help me. I have already ty to call Phil's son, but I couldn't established contac by phone. It seems it is a wrong number.

TKS

Regards

Elias

Tony Hadley
                      Participant
                        @tonyhadley

Had a look around to see what I could find on this one. A few years ago, Veron plans were still being sold by Colin Smith, Phil's son. I couldn't find any up-to-date information though.

A model aircraft plans site model-plans.co.uk have listings of Veron aircraft plans. It may be worth contacting them for Colin's contact details.

**LINK**

I came across this review of the Veron Marlin in November 1953 Model Maker magazine which may be of interest.

veron marlin.jpg

Jose Elias
                        Participant
                          @joseelias64565

Thank you very much Tony.

Indeed I just contact Collin by phone. And I'm going to buy the plans.

I was dialing the phone wrongly. I sent him a message he answered me, but I managed to talk to him by phone.

Thank you once again.

As soon as I begin the boat I'll post something here.

Merry Christmas

Elias

Tony Hadley
                          Participant
                            @tonyhadley

Jose,

I am pleased you have managed to contact Colin and locate a set of plans.

Looking on the internet, some really 'good' models have been built to this plan, the design is typical 1950s attractive styling.

I wish you every success with building the model..

Seasons Greetings,

Tony

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)