Veron Kits

Advert

Veron Kits

Home Forums Collectors’ corner Veron Kits

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Vary
    Participant
      @andrewvary32067

Hello,

I am looking for information on old Veron model boat kits. Specifically I have an old Veron Caribbean Coaster kit that I am going to build. The kit is missing some of the hull parts. The plywood piece that forms the stem is missing. Does anyone have this kit? I would also like general information on Veron kits. Any searches that I do bring up very little info on them. When did they go out of business? Were they a division of Kiel-Kraft? Anyone have pictures of a build Veron Caribbean Coaster?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Andrew 

Advert
      Jeremy Caterham
      Participant
        @jeremycaterham28492

Hi Andrew,
        I built a Veron Carbbean Coaster years ago. I would like to build another. If you are interested in selling your kit I would be very interested.
        Regards
        Jeremy Caterham

Andrew Vary
        Participant
          @andrewvary32067

Hello Jeremy,

At this time I have already started to assemble the kit. I am not interested in selling it at this time. Do you know any other information about the kit? What age would the kit be?

Thank you,

Andrew 

Jeremy Caterham
          Participant
            @jeremycaterham28492

That was quick !

I am just 65 and must have built mine about 38 years ago at least. I have lived in many parts of the world and the box and a few bits, maybe even the plans have always moved with me.
            Presently I am in Germany and I have lot of stuff in storage in the UK, but I am hoping to get it out later this year. Whatever I find when I unpack, the box the model etc I will send you pics.

I was in a model shop in Dorking last year and had a chat to the owner, who was about my generation, about Veron, Keil-Kraft etc. I shall be there again later this month so will try and get some specific details for you.

I am just starting to build a 1:20 model of a traditional English fishing boat.

Good luck with the model

Jeremy

Andrew Vary
            Participant
              @andrewvary32067

Jeremy,

Thanks for the response. I found the kit on e-bay. I also have a very large collection of model boats. I live in Canada. I was in Kiel last week for work. I enjoyed visiting Germany.(I even found a hobby shop)  I would appriceate any information you can send me. I have had to fabricate some of the hull pieces as they were missing from the kit. I think most of the deck and house pieces are there. I am always looking for interesting models of commercial cargo vessels, tugs and fishing boats.

Your  English fishing boat sounds like a neat project.

Regards,

Andrew

Tony Hadley
              Participant
                @tonyhadley

Andrew,

Veron’s designer Phil Smith is still selling the Veron range of aircraft and boat plans, that were originally marketed as kits. In this forum I have a posting about the Police Launch, which I have recently bought the plans for from Phil.

Phil Smith, can be contacted at:-  32, Verwood Crescent, Southbourne, Bournemouth, Dorset. BH6 4JE.

Good Luck with this project,

Tony

Andrew Vary
                Participant
                  @andrewvary32067

Tony,

Thanks for the information. I may contact Phil and see if he can give me further information about the kit. I am moving forward with the project.

Regards,

Andrew 

captainslog
                  Participant
                    @captainslog

hi I’m keith I know nothing about the kit your building at the moment , but I hope someone can help me.I bought a veron vosper rttl complete kit from a junk shop for £8.00!!!! Bargain i say.Problem I had i couldn’t sell it as the hull shell was already built so the value as a complete kit unbuilt was greatly reduced . Everything was there from prop to ply to tissue paper. So I’ve built it. I will be fitting a 27 meg sky leader also brand new in box but will need to change nicads.Has anyone got any idea of what the crew would have been dressed like circa 1939-1945? Scale of this boat is approx 32nd. I will soon have photos available so will post here when ready

mick
                    Participant
                      @mick

hiya keith

the figures you want from caldercraft or mountfield models they do 1/32 scale figures w w 2

or convert 8th army airfix multipose figures they have officer and crew with tin hats on  

hope this helps mick  

captainslog
                      Participant
                        @captainslog

thanks mick, but what uniforms were worn?Was it RAF battle dress or some form of naval uniform ? Ive nearly completed the boat and i wonder if you would know the approx age of it?that would be nice to know.Will post some photos soon on my forum

mick
                        Participant
                          @mick

i have done the figures in two different styles no 1 is white top and shorts with tin hats on

except the captain with flat cap and dark blue navy shirt white shorts hat white top middle blue and

peak black for warmer climates i e med and brown shoes

the second way is get the milliput fine out the sailors tops to jumpers and long trousers

the jumpers navy dark blue and grey trousers and black shoes

the boat were made in the 50+ 60 sixtys not sure of dates but other members might know

hope this helps anymore questions please ask i bulid a s r launches w w 2 these boats

were from the fiftys +sixtys era target towing launches r a f section hope this helps keith 

mick
                          Participant
                            @mick

hiya keith payne  mick here check out my figures on my asrlaunch for help with figures

it also might help 

captainslog
                            Participant
                              @captainslog

thanks mick  ive tried to send photos on this site but havnt had any luck. it will only accept up to 250mgb  but my photos are 500 + how can i reduce them

mick
                              Participant
                                @mick

to make my photos  smaller i resize my pictures  through microsoft or picasso google hope

this helps mick 

captainslog
                                Participant
                                  @captainslog

thanks mick.I have now fitted the skyleader clubman all original from 1982.Its got an sp610 controller which will need the plug changing and i als need new batteris for tranny and recv. ive got picassa for the fotos so as im rubbish on computers i wll try and adjust the fotos but may take some time.Wont be today as wales are playing rugby.Ive also ordered airfix 8th army 1 32nd figures for the boat

Telstar
                                  Participant
                                    @telstar

Hi Keith   If you are using windows xp  goto this site. amongst the goodies on offer is an image resizer which runs seamlessly with windows to resize images for internet.. It gives a resized copy leaving the original unchanged

cheers Tom

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

captainslog
                                    Participant
                                      @captainslog

cheers tom but im on vista worst luck and power toys is not compatible I will have to try and mess about with picassa for a while

mick
                                      Participant
                                        @mick

hiya keith i am still on old xp at the moment all my mates have had

a load of trouble with vista as like you some of the downloads are not

compatible so i will wait till Microsoft iron out all the bugs before changing

i am not all that good on computers but i can handle Picasa photos ok

nice to see u took my advice on the figures they are multipose figures

so that helps the airfix ones mick

Seaspray
                                        Participant
                                          @seaspray

Hi all 

I have a Veron  Tarpon cruiser from the late 70. I tried to put a link but it didn’t work so a search of this forum will find the picture.

Had a hell of a time with it over the years ..my fault due to inexperience. First it was under powered using i.c. engines thinking that the shafts were all misaligned. Over the last few year have refitted the running gear except the original water scoop and rudder, and just yesterday after many many trails and testing she is now ready for the water.

Running a Graupner 600 ECKO on a 8.4 v  (J perkings) 2100 mah pack  with a (J Perkings) 35 mm 2 blade  S type prop. Pulling 7.2 amps in the bath with a good wash behind her. It will drop an amp when moving through the water. Any 20amp ESC will do.

Martin 

captainslog
                                          Participant
                                            @captainslog

hi all keith here just thought i would drop in to let you all know im still about. Sorry i havnt been on the forum for a while but work commitments are huge at the moment . Anyway ive finished the veron vosper rttl but im waiting for new battery sets for my skyleader and once installed will try (TRY!!!!!) and post some photos.At the moment i am building a 48 inch perkasa.Hull was already built and the rest was absolute crap. Discarded 90% of everything and scratch building. Does anyone know of a site for archive photos of the boat as i have been searching web for weeks with no success. Need detail photos of guns (Im putting 2 on as malasian navy had 2 ) also the side torpedo launchers photos in manual are very poor, look forward to hearing (or seeing?) a reply.Happy sailing and building all.  keith

Rod Paulson
                                            Participant
                                              @rodpaulson59022

I there any body know anything about a veron vosper fast patrol boat. it is 52in long in kit form still with original box and diagrams. can anybody tell me what year it maybe how much it is worth, best place to sell etc

Regards

Rod

Seaspray
                                              Participant
                                                @seaspray

Hi Rod

Ebay would be good ,mind and add postage & packing. Can take a chance and start of at a low bid. Should do well sounds good and all there. You can put a reserve on it if you have a price you want for it.

Seaspray

Andrew Vary
                                                Participant
                                                  @andrewvary32067

Looking for Info on Veron Kit

mick
                                                  Participant
                                                    @mick
                                                    hiya keith the uniforms on the figures varys i used the r a f blue for the crew but the 
                                                    officers i put duffle coats on with a bit of milliput i put sea boots in black and life jackets on the crew in matt yellow toned down with matt varnish hope this helps mick
                                                  Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)