Two Channel Mixer Help Required!

Advert

Two Channel Mixer Help Required!

Home Forums R/C & Accessories Two Channel Mixer Help Required!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Nick Tallents
    Participant
      @nicktallents20185

Hi all,

Need some help here.

I got a cheap R/C boat from Maplin for Xmas. Its great fun but a bit slow, and as I have an old remote for a Tamiya car, I was thinking about upgrading the components in the boat to give it much better performace.

The boat currently has:

No Rudder, but 2 x motors that steer the boat by slowing the appropriate motor, an all-in-one RX/ESC for both motors. Both the props/motors rotate in different directions to counter the sideways thrust that would otherwise be created.

So what I want to do is:

Replace the stock motors with a pair of brushless ones, connect these to the 2 x 30aESCs that come with the BL motors, connect both of the ESCs to a mixer that will enable me to use an RX/TX from a model car so I dont need to go for tank-style control.

Questions:

1. Can anyone reccomend a suitable device? I have seen V and W types for sale (http://www.mtroniks.net/mtroniks_products.asp?CategoryID=11&SubCategoryID=38) , but both have an extra channel for the rudder which I dont need – will this still be suitable? I have also been looking at figure 5 here which I assume is the same thing (http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/Common/Electrics/Twin_motors.htm) can I just use the V type without the "Y" lead or servo?

2. Is it best to use 1 x Li-Po and connect the ESC’s in paralell, or to have two identical batteries? – I have heard that you need a common connection between the batteries for this to work, which sounds a bit hairy with Li-Po batteries..!

Advert
      Nick Tallents
      Participant
        @nicktallents20185

Updating a pre-bought kit with bigger motors…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)