Thunder Tiger Victoria Yacht

Advert

Thunder Tiger Victoria Yacht

Home Forums Sailing Models Thunder Tiger Victoria Yacht

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Peter Morris 5
    Participant
      @petermorris5

Hi

Does anyone out there have, or know where I can get a keel fin for a Victoria? Any expenses involved would of course be refunded. Many thanks.

Advert
      Peter Morris 5
      Participant
        @petermorris5
        Ray Wood 3
        Participant
          @raywood3

Hi Peter,

I hate to ask what happened to the one that was on your boat? Is this dejavous

Maybe an old hull in the Wings & Wheels bring & buy?

Regards Ray

Peter Morris 5
          Participant
            @petermorris5

Hi Ray

Actually, this time it's not my Victoria that's suffered a misfortune! BTW do I remember you saying that you have a Buegler(?) coach lining tool?

We must catch up sometime.

Peter

Ray Wood 3
            Participant
              @raywood3

Hi Peter,

Yes I have the buegler tool, and yes we must catch up, we have been away so hav'nt been down the lake recently, busy time of year, will be at W & Wheels Saturday morning to buy some bits

As you know I have changed jobs so PM me for my new email

Regards Ray

Eddie Lancaster
              Participant
                @eddielancaster

Hi. Ray, welcome back to the real world, hope you had a good holiday.

Eddie.

Ray Wood 3
                Participant
                  @raywood3

Hi Eddie,

Yes thanks, Spain very relaxing with my sketch book by the pool & a beer plenty of designs dreamed up this way, any progress with Veronica? or are you finishing other stuff?

Sorry for crashing your thread Peter

Regards Ray

Malcolm Frary
                  Participant
                    @malcolmfrary95515

When I had to go hunting for a new fin, I ended up ebaying from a guy in Alabama. The problem was that the Chinese stainless steel was anything but, and had welded itself to the brass tube in the hull. As well as that, the rudder rod was corroding its way out of the rudder. Both were in the kit of spares along with most of the other "white fittings", not bad value for the price paid.

The alternative would have been to home build one.

Martin Field 1
                    Participant
                      @martinfield1

Stainless steel is not so great, depending what it's next to. I put stainless steel screws in some temporary repairs using Galvanised steel plates on a wooden canal boat and when I came to replace them and the plates with real new wood the screws had become pink pins!

Also, used some stainless self tappers to hold new aluminium gutter sections round the engine bay on my Reliant Fox van. All looked lovely, until the first morning of dew and white powder appeared around the junction twixt the twain. I had to keep it regularly greased. Brass and stainless not great either as the stainless has stuff in it that the copper doesn't like. The Galvanic table is a right pain. Aluminium and brass also a no-no.

Cheers,

Martin

Malcolm Frary
                      Participant
                        @malcolmfrary95515

The stainless supplied by TT is perfectly capable of rusting when only in contact with the plastic of the hull and salt water. I replaced the supplied self tappers with some sourced from a UK supplier when sorting my second one. After some drilling and cursing, the rusted remains of the more vital ones have been dug out and replaced on my original Victoria.

Going back to the original question, the thing to look for is "Thunder Tiger Keel/Rudder Parts Victoria PJ1029", there are still some out there.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)