Squadron Filler

Advert

Squadron Filler

Home Forums All things floating Squadron Filler

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    David Marks 2
    Participant
      @davidmarks2

I have been using Squadron Filler for years but in trying to replenish my stock, it now seems to be unavailable. I have a tube of Humbrol Filler on its way to me but it is worth asking what make/type of Filler do other modellers favour for repairing small blemishes.

Advert
      David Marks 2
      Participant
        @davidmarks2
        Richard Simpson
        Participant
          @richardsimpson88330

I still have a tube of Squadron that I bought as a teenager! Probably gone solid by now. I recently started using Tamiya putty and like it very much. Nice and soft and easy to apply, fairly easy to abrade and paints over to become invisible. Also bonds to polystyrene by dissolving into the surface.

If however I was smoothing over a fibre glass hull I would use Davids Isopon P-38.  This bonds to fibre glass much better.  A bit more fiddly being two part but again easy to abrade and leaves a very smooth finish.

Edited By Richard Simpson on 06/06/2023 08:58:44

Richard Simpson
          Participant
            @richardsimpson88330

You might find this an interesting read:

Squadron Replacement

ashley needham
            Participant
              @ashleyneedham69188

Halfords do a tube made by Cataloy for knifing putty, their website mentions Isopon knifing putty in ‘Normal and ‘plastic bumper’ sorts. Presumably the plastic bumper one is flexible?

I use the Cataloy one and it seems to be ok, barring it takes awhile to harden.

Lightweight balsa filler is good, if a bit soft so needs sealing after, but I am with Richard for the larger stuff, P38.

Ashley

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)