Southeast Asian Boats

Advert

Southeast Asian Boats

Home Forums Sailing Models Southeast Asian Boats

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Scott Abel
    Participant
      @scottabel63028

I am a researcher who is looking for illustrations or models of Malay perahu/prahu/proa for a history book. Thus far, I have had some luck with a book written by Adm. Paris and a Dutch anthropology museum. Greenwich Maritime Museum has some pictures but I am not satisfied with those. In particular, I am looking for warships or pirate vessels. Penjajaps are of the greatest interest to me but there are various others of interest to me such as kakaps and others. I have heard of one model in the New York Yacht club but there are so many that it is too difficult to locate. Any ideas on where else I could find pictures or models? I have checked with the Australian National Maritime Museum but they want more information before I can proceed with them it seems. Any suggestions would be great.. In particular I am looking for models between 1820 and 1880. Chinese junks from Southeast Asia are of interest too.

Advert
      Scott Abel
      Participant
        @scottabel63028

Looking for models of Malay vessels from the 1800s

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)