Sound generators

Advert

Sound generators

Home Forums R/C & Accessories Sound generators

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    stoogie
    Participant
      @stoogie

hi guys. does anyone have a particular supplier of diesel ‘sound generators’ they could recommend. preferably a supplier with a website. thanks

Advert
      Archibald Mainstream
      Participant
        @archibaldmainstream22940

try http://www.actionkit.co.uk
        An excellent range highly recomended.

stoogie
        Participant
          @stoogie

thanks daryl. will try that

DickyD
          Participant
            @dickyd

Try JJC Sound systems from Westbournes.http://www.westbourne-models.com/erol.html#2583X0

Excellent

Armando Loni
            Participant
              @armandoloni78860

See also Hunter Systems website.

Phillip Pittwood
              Participant
                @phillippittwood85612

I have looked at your Emails with interest,as I have been trying to get a sound board for several weeks now from Hunter Systems but all are out of stock and there does,nt seem to be any rush to restock

Paul Freshney
                Participant
                  @paulfreshney24971

JCC and Action both offer a range of noise generators as do others. Action is under new ownership following the sad death of Craig Talbot who founded the business. Action are available direct only (they have a good straightforward website), or JCC are via model shops such as Westbourne Models or direct at model shows/exhibitions. What is important is that you have the most effective loudspeaker you can install. What can be a really loud noise in the workshop, turns into a whisper once the model is on the water and 10 feet from the bank! The magnetic field generated by the loudpeaker can also interfere with the rx aerial. Therefore I would suggest keeping the two as far apart as possible. My Waveney Lifeboat, ‘The Scout’ has a ‘turbocat’ JCC noise generator installed and effective it is too. Be careful with wiring the thing up though. one wire wrong and it won’t work and you could damge the electronics.

Geoffrey Ashworth
                  Participant
                    @geoffreyashworth37297

I am hoping that JJC will be at the Boat Show this month. have emailed, telephoned (answering machine & no reply) and sent 2 letters – ditto reply

Terry Small
                    Participant
                      @terrysmall72176

Rumour has it and if its true what a loss that JJC is not going to continue with selling these super sound systems. Thier web site is still active but no phone answer or email replies. If they are to stop then I wish JJC would tell us all. He builds up the business sells the products then walks away.

Model Solutions
                      Participant
                        @modelsolutions

Guys, try Model Solutions of Canada Ltd.

They make premium sound modules that can store up to 10 digital recordings (not simulations!!) and has a USB interface so you can download your own sounds to it.

Their flagship model, the SFX4-4 also has a built in 16 channel switch decoder and has up to 8 switched auxilliary outputs in addition to the sounds.  These units use a highly effiicient output stage that pumps out 12Watts into 8 ohms at 14V with NO HEATSINK, and NO FAN.

At the upper end of the price range they are still much cheaper than the Robbe sound system which is just over £100 and has only 6 sounds, 2 switched outputs and is still NOT DOWNLOADABLE.

Considering a 16 channel switch switch decoder will set you back £75 alone, with no sounds, the SFX4-4, at £85 is actually a very good bargain!!

DickyD
                        Participant
                          @dickyd

Why not tell everyone that you are Model Solutions of Canada Ltd. David ?

Honesty is the best policy you know.

Vinnie Branigan
                          Participant
                            @vinniebranigan92297

I was thinking that myself.

Vinnie

DickyD
                            Participant
                              @dickyd

I personally would hold fire on buying a sound generator at the moment as since the demise of JJC a number of companies are working on making an affordable one. ACTion Electronics being one company.

Model Solutions
                              Participant
                                @modelsolutions

O.K. Point well taken, Yes, of course I am Model Solutions.  I couldn’t find any policy statements about commercial postings on this forum, so I didn’t want to get torn to shreds over it.

Now that I’ve been torn to shreds anyway, let’s end that nonsense.

As regards affordability, first be sure you compare apples with apples, not oranges. There simply is nothing else out there to compare with ours. They are simply head and shoulders above all other competing sound units in terms of their functionality.

Remember, you get what you pay for!!

Also we are working hard on our next generation sound units which will be a lot smaller, simpler, smarter and much cheaper – starting around £30. Availability May-June 2008.

Geoffrey Ashworth
                                Participant
                                  @geoffreyashworth37297

Many thanks folks – all useful to me

HS93
                                  Participant
                                    @hs9317166

I would sugest, befor buying ANY sound unit have a listen to it first, as a lot are just noise genarators and  dont sound anything like the real thing. if the sellers don’t  put a sample of there sound on there web site , is there a reason ? jjc always did and they sounded like the real thing but sadley they dont trade anymore, some people have  different ideas what a good sound is.

peter

Geoffrey Ashworth
                                    Participant
                                      @geoffreyashworth37297

Hi Peter

thanks for your reply – I agree that the JJC sound certainly sounded realistic.

does anyone know is anyone is doing anything like the JJC ‘Old Smokey’ i.e. working of water only and 6 volts? A friend of mine can’t use the normal ones because he has a chest problem.

Geoffrey Ashworth

Model Solutions
                                      Participant
                                        @modelsolutions

Just In case you’re wondering, we don’t post sound samples on our web site because there are so many of them, and we don’t want competitors stealing them, but if anyone wants samples prior to a purchase, we will gladly send them.

We have nothing to hide, all our sounds are actual digital recordings. our units are essentially digital playback units, not simulators or "noise generators".

We are in the process of sourcing additional engine and weapons sounds.

alan summers
                                        Participant
                                          @alansummers16434

great one on ebay at the moment

Barry Addis
                                          Participant
                                            @barryaddis83049

David. Why do you not have a UK distributor ? (or as a new guy to marine modeling maybe you do and I dont Know )more so now that JJC seem to have ceased production. I hate ordering from abroad but like many are always looking for new good quality products.

Barry Addis

Model Solutions
                                            Participant
                                              @modelsolutions

Barry, and any other UK folks out there.  We are working towards a U.K. distributor for our next generation SFX5 sound modules. It will be ACTion Electronics. I am sure many of you know Dave Milbourn from ACTion.

There really are few problems buying from us in Canada. I realise the shipping may be a little more and you may have to pay a little in customs duty.  But if you are willing to wait about two weeks for delivery, we can get a sound module (no speaker) to you for as little as $15-20 shipping charge.

We have shipped, and continue to ship, all over the world including Tokyo and Australia.  Many hobbyists seem prepared to go to any supplier in any country to get what they need to make their models truly extraordinary.

BTW, we have reached an agreement with our Canadian Armed Forces Imagery Centre to get access to hundreds of original military recordings  of Canadian Naval vessels, inside and out and many recordings with our forces on the ground. This is a source of unique and genuinely original military sounds that we, alone, will have access to.

More news coming later when we have the sounds in our possession.

Model Solutions
                                              Participant
                                                @modelsolutions

Thought I’d let you know that we will be publishing a quarterly newsletter, starting end of this month. It will bring news and updates about existing products, new product announcements and new products in development.

If you would like to subscribe, send an email to [email protected] with "newsletter – subscribe" as the subject line.

You can unsubscribe at any time by sending an email to [email protected] with the subject line
                                                "newsletter – unsubscribe".

Andy Hustler
                                                Participant
                                                  @andyhustler32076

All this info is making my tiny brain spin down here,what i want  is a sound generator that wil sond like a fog horn and the "whoop whoop" sound that ships make also is it possible to get a sound generator that will sound like 4.5" guns.

Model Solutions
                                                  Participant
                                                    @modelsolutions

Andy, we have several fog horn sounds to choose from as well as the warship whooper. We have a 4" gun sound and various other naval weapon sound.

Please see our sound catalogue at : http://www.modelsolutions.ca/soundclips.htm

Terry Small 2
                                                    Participant
                                                      @terrysmall2

Any modeller who wants sound in there boat or for that matter any model will be proud of this product . JJC left a big hole when they stopped trading now Model Solutions has filled the hole and made it overflow with the SFX4 module and soon to come the next generation SFX5 range of easy fit modules contact them or Action Electronics. 

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)