Smoke.JPG

Advert

Smoke.JPG

Home Forums R/C & Accessories Smoke.JPG

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Antonie Rossouw
    Participant
      @antonierossouw30197

Wow, I like it! smoke and all,that is a master shipbuilder at work.

Advert
      Telstar
      Participant
        @telstar

Hi smoke unit is a modified JJC unit that uses water vapore  (keeps the enviromentalists happy). Not true scale, it is undergoing refurbishment and has engine sound, lights and fog horn fitted now, along with the ESC they’r home made.

Thanks Tom

Andy
        Participant
          @andy

Tom can u tell me where i can get hold of one of these smoke geerators and wouldthey be suitable for a twin stack

Telstar
          Participant
            @telstar

Hi Andy     The unit is/was a JJC old smokey. It uses water vapour to simulate smoke. It would work on twin stack, the fan assist is slowed down on my tug so as not to give too much smoke, and has speed control to give less smoke on low throttle  

However it appears that JJC have stopped producing any of their range of products. I am led to believe that Jim (the chap that did these units) was a victim of his own success, and has had tostop trading in order to concentrate on his full time job. A pity his sound units were quite good also.

Sorry I can’t be of more help

Cheer Tom

neil hp
            Participant
              @neilhp

Hi, andy. if you want a JJC old smokey there is one for sale at the moment on ebay  item number    290214755254     they were new 55 quid, as I bought one of the first batch, but gave away to a friend as a present. one sold on ebay about 2 months ago for £108 so those are the sort of prices to pay.cheers,neil.

Len Ochiltree
              Participant
                @lenochiltree67043

Hi Guys,

Checkout "Home made smoke genorators" on the Mayhem Forum I made one and it works a treat.

If you havent got an old computer cooling fan,(£5 maplins) the wire from a electric fire/hairdrier and smoke fluid £5 maplins and a few odds and ends is all you need to start smoking.

Len.

Antonie Rossouw
                Participant
                  @antonierossouw30197
                Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)