Smit Nederland or Dutch Courage

Advert

Smit Nederland or Dutch Courage

Home Forums All things floating Smit Nederland or Dutch Courage

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    SolentSurfer
    Participant
      @solentsurfer

I plan to build a twin screw tug but can’t decide between the Billing Smit Nederland or Model Slipway Dutch Courage. Both look great in all the finished photos I can find but I’m struggling to find any reviews on either model.

Does anyone have any knowledge of either of these kits? I’m drawn towards the Smit Nederland but reviews in general on other boats don’t seem to favour Billing whereas Model Slipway usually come out rather well. Building the Billing St Canute at the moment which is OK.

Thanks in advance

Mark 

Advert
      Ducky
      Participant
        @ducky

Hi Mark

have you thought of the Model Slipway "Wyeforce" (twin screw)good to build and brilliant on the water, my wife loves it and I can go sailing 7 days a week if I want too ,now that she has her "Wyeforce !!

I’m now building the "Aziz" (twin screw) and thats going well, so perhaps you could put these in to the think tank as well

Checkout http://www.modelslipway.com in their gallery album for my boats and their reveiws on the "Aziz"

Peter

Paul T
        Participant
          @pault84577

Hi Mark

Having built kits from both companies I can say that they both have kits of differing complexity requiring varied skill levels to attempt, but on balance I would prefer Model Slipway as the guys there are very good at answering technical building queries.

Hope this is of some help

Paul

SolentSurfer
          Participant
            @solentsurfer

Thanks both, I think I’m coming to the same conclusion as you Paul re the availability of assitance.

Peter, yes I really fancied building the Aziz, great looking model and a few online step by step builds but just a bit too big for my restricted building space. You’ve got me thinking about Wyeforce though

Paul T
            Participant
              @pault84577

Hi Mark

I can’t praise the guys at Model Slipway enough they are only to happy to help out and give a first class service.

Paul

Ducky
              Participant
                @ducky

Hi Mark

Try this site for the build of the Wyeforce if you decide that for your next project , its not finished on that site but has some good idea’s to help with the build

http://www.rktman.com/rlh/index.html

There is also my site of the Wyeforce and that is finished with my extra’s fitted like rounded tops of bulwarks as on the real boat and lockers and fittings in the wheelhouse

http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z35/veldas/wyeforce%20tug%20construction/

Hope this is of help to you,I know what its like to decide on your next project

Peter

Terry O’Rourke
                Participant
                  @terryorourke18653

I built Smit Nederland 23 years ago, and she is still going strong. I built Dutch Courage just before christmas ,both are good kits. Dutch Courage builds into a nice little tug, and performs well on the water.

Terry.

Ducky
                  Participant
                    @ducky

Hi Mark

You can’t ask for better than that,someone who has built BOTH kits and was satisfied with both !!

Peter

SolentSurfer
                    Participant
                      @solentsurfer

Absolutely! Thanks, perhaps my decision isn’t just which one but which one first

Great Picks Peter and a lovely model.

SolentSurfer
                      Participant
                        @solentsurfer
                      Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)