Royal Navy uniforms

Advert

Royal Navy uniforms

Home Forums Sailing Models Royal Navy uniforms

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Guido Sambucetti
    Participant
      @guidosambucetti90794

Hello everyone! I´m considereing building a diorama to include a waterline model of HMS Beagle during one of her trips to South America in the 1830´s. Of course being a diorama it should include some crew, but how should they be dressed? Can someone suggest a source of information about Royal Navy uniforms for that period?

Many thanks!

Advert
      Guido Sambucetti
      Participant
        @guidosambucetti90794
        ashley needham
        Participant
          @ashleyneedham69188

Hi Guido. If you cant find it on Google, I would be surprised! It`s all out there somewhere.

I would suggest that the uniform would have been `relaxed` on a voyage such as this especially if you are choosing a warm-weather diorama, so a loose interpretation of whatever dress code presided at that period would be good enough?

Ashley

Malcolm Frary
          Participant
            @malcolmfrary95515

A google for "royal navy uniform history" came up with this –

**LINK**

Which covers the period, and might well be accurate. According to the article, officers had a uniform to show that they were in the service of the crown for many years previous, ratings at the time had what they could, presumably from a late Georgian version of the Army & Navy store.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)