Robbe B25 Fishcutter

Advert

Robbe B25 Fishcutter

Home Forums Beginners Robbe B25 Fishcutter

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Bob Submerine
    Participant
      @bobsubmerine14211

Oh my, what a beauty!

How long did it take to make that then?

I am truely jealous of your amazing acomplishment of making this truely fantastic piece of art.

Well Done!

Advert
      Tony Hadley
      Participant
        @tonyhadley

Bob,

Thank you for the positive comments on this boat. I wouldn’t like to guess at a build time, as the craft lay in the shed in various states over the years. It came from the most unlikely of suppliers – Prestwich Models in the 1980’s. Dave Marles at Prestwich very rarely supplies scale boats, as racing craft are his speciality.

The model has not been produced by Robbe for many years. Length — 505 mm   Breadth — 172 mm  height — 340 mm.  The boat has a hard foam hull, which was vey easy to use. Motor is a small MFA. The handrails were superb to build, brass split pins and wire soldered then overpainted.

The full size craft are used by German fishermen in the Baltic Sea. The principal fish caught are Sprats, Flounders and Eels. The drag-net is cast over the side and dragged along the side of the vessel. As a rule these fishing smacks set sail towards evening, fish during the night and return to port to discharge their catch in the early morning.

Thanks again for the comments which were totally unexpected

Tony Hadley.

Bob Submerine
        Participant
          @bobsubmerine14211
        Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)