Phasis kit – Full-rigged ship

Advert

Phasis kit – Full-rigged ship

Home Forums Building Kits Phasis kit – Full-rigged ship

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Bob Wilson
    Participant
      @bobwilson59101

phasis kit resized.jpgPhasis kit & Completed model –

phasis.jpg

Advert
      Bob Wilson
      Participant
        @bobwilson59101
        neil hp
        Participant
          @neilhp

an amazing transformation from a kit of box of basic parts to your finished model which is beautiful Bob.

your skills are just oit of this world.

Bob Wilson
          Participant
            @bobwilson59101

Thank you.

It is NOT a purchased kit – I made the kit myself. I just gathered all the bits that I would need,including the plans, and put them in a tray and built the model from that!

My skills are certainly not out of the normal range. In fact at wood and metalwork at school in the 50s, I never progressed beyond the junior class, my skills being described as "poor to moderate!"

Over the years, I developed special techniques that made things a lot easier, and produced the desired results by using methods that were often "frowned on" by more traditional craftsmen.

Most modellers just talk themselves out of projects like this bey declaring "I could never do that," before even trying.

This little slideshow shows how the "special techiques" are not exactly in the "top drawer" of craftsmanship, but will produce a decent model in record time.

https://youtu.be/RkzuzNRI2Qw

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)