Mystery boat

Advert

Mystery boat

Home Forums Collectors’ corner Mystery boat

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Eddie St Clare
    Participant
      @eddiestclare72414

dscn0549.jpgdscn0550.jpgdscn0548.jpgdscn0547.jpgHello,

All I can really tell you is that it is 30 ins long, close to 8 ins wide, the rear hatch cover is a piece of curved aluminium, finished to match the decking .

Not sure what the hull is made of, it doesn't look like fibreglass as I can see no fibres, its more like a very fine honeycomb, similar to what you would see on the back of hardboard.

The deck cabin seems to be original, but the plastic glass needs a lot of attention, and I am sure the boat would look nicer without itdscn0546.jpg

Advert
      Eddie St Clare
      Participant
        @eddiestclare72414

Not a clue what I have got here 😉

Keith Long
        Participant
          @keithlong89920

Hi

I can't help you with identifying the boat, but I think you'll find that the hull IS glass fibre or composite of some sort, but made with a woven glass cloth, at least for the final layer, rather than chopped strand mat.

Keith

Philip Smith 4
          Participant
            @philipsmith4

Yes it is a type of woven mesh, but not necessarily straight 'glass. I have seen that sort of cloth used somewhere in an industrial setting, but for the life in me I can't remember where.

Sorry!

BOF wink

mike farrell
            Participant
              @mikefarrell21522

Hi Eddie .That picture took me back 45 years to the days I own a Sprinter slalom canoe .It certainly had that type of mesh ,as I remember it was layered in 4 inch strips . Extremly strong but rather heavy . Cost me 30 pounds but the Gees paddle cost 35 pounds , lost it on a capsize on the river Wye at the white water and broke my heart . My God you started an old man remembering old times .Hope that confirms part of your request . Michaelwink

Martin Field 1
              Participant
                @martinfield1

Eddie, that's a proprietary model. I can tell by the deck fittings, most of which I had on a wooden smaller model and which are pseudo Chris Craft in style.

Martin

Christian FARCY
                Participant
                  @christianfarcy70325

Hello, this launch is a "Harbor Star": this nice kit has been made by Kyosho during the  late 90's. Chris

Edited By Christian FARCY on 25/10/2014 11:59:35

Tony Hadley
                  Participant
                    @tonyhadley

The model is shown in this youtube clip.

**LINK**

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)