Model Slipway – Broom 44 cruiser review article

Advert

Model Slipway – Broom 44 cruiser review article

Home Forums Magazine Model Slipway – Broom 44 cruiser review article

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Graham Margetts
    Participant
      @grahammargetts46534

Can you please tell me whether Model Boats Magazine has ever done a review of the Model Slipway cruiser Broom 44 kit (which is no longer in production) and If so, the edition month and year thanks – from Graham in Australia.

Advert
      Graham Margetts
      Participant
        @grahammargetts46534
        Graham Margetts
        Participant
          @grahammargetts46534

I forgot to tick the box to confirm to send me notifications when someone replies to this thread. If you would do so I would greatly appreciate it thank you.

Colin Bishop
            @colinbishop34627

Sorry Graham, this is legacy software inherited from the previous owner and I can't make that change. However, if you look in regularly you can easily see if there has been a response on your threads. The Latest Posts button is very useful.

Colin

David Marks 2
            Participant
              @davidmarks2

Graham – If Model Slipway are still in existence you may like to try asking them if there was a review and if they have a copy. I scratch build so my knowlwdge of which kit suppliers are still in existance is very limited.

Colin Bishop
                @colinbishop34627

Model Slipway closed in 2021 after Jackie White sadly passed away. Mountfleet Models have taken over some of the kits for future production but the Broom dated from an earlier era and had been discontinued since before 2005.

I can't find any references to it having been reviewed but someone might recall if it was.

Colin

Colin Bishop
                  @colinbishop34627

Update, I have just found that the kit was reviewed in Marine Modelling Magazine January 1997.and in Model Boats in July 1997. Copy of latter on sale here:

https://www.magazineexchange.co.uk/cw/model-boats-magazine-july-1997-issue.html

Colin

Edited By Colin Bishop on 08/04/2023 13:47:43

Richard Simpson
                  Participant
                    @richardsimpson88330

Wow! well done Colin. And only £3.00!

Graham Margetts
                    Participant
                      @grahammargetts46534

Thank you very much Colin for the information on the Model Slipway – Broom 44 review article. I have now managed to obtain a copy of the Marine Modelling magazine January 1997 which is very helpful. Thanks again for your instant help in this matter. Regards Graham Margetts.

Graham Margetts
                      Participant
                        @grahammargetts46534

Forgot to mention that I also found a copy of Model Boats 25 July 1997 which also featured the kit review of the boat as you mentioned. Thanks once more.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)