Mantua Bruma?

Advert

Mantua Bruma?

Home Forums Building Kits Mantua Bruma?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jeremy
    Participant
      @jeremy15845

Has anyone out there built the Mantua Bruma kit and ideally kept a build log?  I have just completed the Billings Nordkap (photo below) with the help of a lot of advice along the way.  As a follow -up project, I want to do another plank on frame kit to see whether the saying ‘ experience means not making the same mistakes twice’ hold good.  About the size of the Nordkap and adaptable for radio control are the main requirements.  The Bruma fits the bill but any other suggestions would be welcomed.

Advert
      Jeremy
      Participant
        @jeremy15845
        Jeremy
        Participant
          @jeremy15845

Well, I decided to go for it and 5 months later Bruma has taken to the water.  Many thanks to those who provided build advice at various stages.  Anyone wanting to see the complete set of build photos will find it in my Bruma album.

Next project is a complete change of pace – or will be if it works.  I wanted to build a speed boat and stick with plank on frame.  The only choice I have found is the Billings Slo-mo-shun and the kit is on its way.  I would be interested to hear from anyone with experience of making this kit.
          Roy Verden 1
          Participant
            @royverden1

Hello jeremy I have just bought a Bruma kit, no idea why I waited so long. In one of your pictures in the build album are some red items that look like they clamp deck planks in place. What are they?

regards

Roy

harry smith 1
            Participant
              @harrysmith1

Hi Jeremy

I bought one made up with a MFA Torpedo 500 brush motor and 7.2 volt battery.

It would not get up on the plane with this setup.

So I change to a Banggood Surpass Hobby C 3542-1450kv(1050 Watts on 4S ).

The first run was with a 4S 3000ma battery in the cowling.

The CG was not right.

The Second run I change batteries and setup.

The Lipo batteries are a pair on 1500 ma in parallel with a 60Amp ESC.

One is in the left sponson and the other in the engine cowling.

Still not happy with the setup, so more changes on the way.

Like move the rudder into the center to get the boat to turn and move the prop to the stern of the boat.

Charles Oates
              Participant
                @charlesoates31738

I wonder if you're talking about the slo mo shun Harry. I'm having fun picturing a twin mast cruising boat on the plane.devil

harry smith 1
                Participant
                  @harrysmith1

Yes Charles I was talking about the Slow Mo Shun 4.

Check out the you tube links.

Harry

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)