Lysander 1/4 Scale

Advert

Lysander 1/4 Scale

Home Forums Sailing Models Lysander 1/4 Scale

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ray Wood 3
    Participant
      @raywood3

lysander3.jpgHi All

I built the hull and cabin of this model of Percy Blandford's 17' long Lysander sailing cruiser in 1974 thought it may be time to finish her off built from a set of fullsize plans my father bought in the 1960's. She is 51" long and has provision for inboard motor, totally crazy, she has welded steel bilge keels which I will extend for sailing but should look good on the water if I can find a 1/4 scale skipper Eddie could you make me some sails ?

Regards Raylysander1.jpg

Advert
      Ray Wood 3
      Participant
        @raywood3
        Eddie Lancaster
        Participant
          @eddielancaster

Hi, Ray, I'm not sure that my sail making skills are that good but if you accept that then yes i'll have a go for you.

I will be at Headcorn on the Saturday, will you be there? if so I would like to meet upsmiley.

By the way I was going to post a comment about how good that boat looks, she is about the same size as the Duet drawings that I have.

Regards.

Eddie.

Colin Bishop
            @colinbishop34627

Lovely looking boat. Should sail fine with a bit of experimentation on keel depth/weight.

Colin

Boiler Bri
            Participant
              @boilerbri

Omg I was 16 then and still sailing a Star yacht 😊

That's a nice looking model. Your skills were pretty well honed then Ray.

Just a little of track but to do with the above post, I had never hear of the gathering at Headcorn. I have a customer there Sunmagicjuices if I had known I would have visited. 🙁

Looking on YT it looks a good event.

Brian

Ray Wood 3
              Participant
                @raywood3

Hi All,

Yes I was 18 and a trainee site manager on a office project in Oxford Street, the Lysander was made of air-conditioning packing case plywood,

Eddie, I was only joking about the sails, but thanks for the kind offer I should be at Headcorn on the Saturday with AMBO and my barges on the pool, come and find me.

Brian, the Headcorn model show is on 8th & 9th of September, with a great gathering of local clubs, great opportunity to buy bits & Bob's, good flying & floating.

Regards Ray

Eddie Lancaster
                Participant
                  @eddielancaster

Phew! thanks Ray for that let off, but I would be happy to make a trial set, these scale yachts seem to need a lot of trial and error to get them right, mainly the latter in my case!

I shall look forward to meeting you at Headcorn.

Regards Eddie.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)