Lesro575

Advert

Lesro575

Home Forums Sailing Models Lesro575

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Rich Griff 2
    Participant
      @richgriff2

I live close to water again with a local lake about a 15 mins walk away.

I had a lesro 575 which was easy to transport and was lightish, and performed well. It taught me a lot about sailing and was enjoyable, from opening the box to sailing.

I also had a kyosho fairwind? Which was big and heavy and would need an old pram for transportation. There are gates to the lake so that size/weight Model is a no-no.

Would anyone have a 575 or suggest a similar yacht, with plans, so I can make one please?

The 575 used normal standard Futaba servos and did not need an expensive sail winch….

Advert
      Rich Griff 2
      Participant
        @richgriff2

Lesro575

Ray Wood 3
        Participant
          @raywood3

Hi Rich,

I had a 590 back in the eighties similar size to the 575, kit by the same designer very handy size

The best substitute you'll find these days is a Graupner Micro Magic second hand built or a kit if you can get one, excellent performance normal size servos and radio is so cheap these days . My grandsons learned to sail mine in 5 minutes

Regards Ray

Rich Griff 2
          Participant
            @richgriff2

Thanks ray, any similar in plan form so I can make one?

Ray Wood 3
            Participant
              @raywood3

Hi Rich,

Have a look at the SARIK plans available for an RG65 design for a racing boat style, or if you want a more scale looking boat Vic Smeed's Star Baby, or if your desperate have a look at Wild Duck designed by some bloke on here

Regards Raywd48.jpg

Chris E
              Participant
                @chrise

I used to have a 575 & thoroughly enjoyed sailing it.

It was actually the second sailing model that I had but it had a much shallower keel than the first which had a deep fin and bulb keel. Great except that it was very prone to getting stuck in weed which the 575 didn't. Something to think about.

Have you considered a footy? Lots of designs around includes many free ones.

Footy UK

Footy

Edited By Chris E on 30/12/2020 19:00:59

Kev.W
                Participant
                  @kev-w

I still have my old 1980 Duplex 575 (before Lesro took it over) & sail it now & again. smiley

after repaint.jpg

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)