Italeri Elco 80′ PT Boat 596

Advert

Italeri Elco 80′ PT Boat 596

Home Forums R/C & Accessories Italeri Elco 80′ PT Boat 596

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Adrian
    Participant
      @adrian

Hi all,

Yes I was one of the many who got one of the Italeri kits of PT 596 featured in the Winter edition of Model Boats (well it was a present – honest!). Excellent kit and when complete it will be fully radio controlled a la magazine. However, I am one of those who don’t like a working model to be without any crew, it doesn’t look right on a fairly large scale model to my mind. Now to the problem I have got, does anyone know where I can get some 1:35 scale WW2 US Navy figures? I have searched the internet and found some for an LCT but they don’t look right somehow, Any suggestions gratefully received.

Many thanks

Adrian

Advert
      mick
      Participant
        @mick

i  have made a couple of sets for club members  and sold a couple  of sets

on e bay  but if you want to do your own try useing  the airfix 1/32 multi pose

u s marines  1941 -45  if you modify these i used the soft hat on one of the

figures because there was not enough tin hats without camo on hope this helps

happy modelling  mick 

Kevin Bellman
        Participant
          @kevinbellman86047

Hi Adrian,

I would suggest a liitle patience. Italeri are releasing figures for the Elco in the near future – listed on the following site Link

They are also listing figures for the forth coming schnellboot. No release date on them though! I belive once they are listed on Hannants site you can place an order, there by getting them as soon as they are released.

I’ve heard that there has been some figures for PT596 released under the name ‘warrior’. Not able to find them myself.

The LCT set you mentioned I have and they seem more like 1/32 scale to me i.e. a triffle large.

Hope this helps

Regards Kevin

mick
          Participant
            @mick

hiya kevin the  difference in the scale is minimal

when you try  these on a models i have modelled in both  scales  and they  both

look  good on various models  i agree different manufacturers  seem to make

them a bit larger  than the scale they quote but different moulds i suppose

well  let me know  if you disagree but if you want 1/35 scale try military miniatures

u s gun+mortar team  set  from tamiya  you could modify these hope this helps

mick  

mick
            Participant
              @mick

hiya adrian

if you require somemore  figures  try mountford minatures  paul bacon diecasts

they do 7 man crew for a ship mounted bofors gun in u s garb bit expensive but

they look nice when finished just another set  i try to help  mick 

Adrian
              Participant
                @adrian
              Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)