Help desperately needed.

Advert

Help desperately needed.

Home Forums R/C & Accessories Help desperately needed.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Matty Fidler
    Participant
      @mattyfidler34814

Shannon 1/12th lifeboat jet drive problem.

Advert
      Matty Fidler
      Participant
        @mattyfidler34814

Hi,

To keep this relatively short is there anyone willing to take a look at my boats jet drive motors. One barely turns and the other works for a few seconds and then cuts out. I am asking if there is anybody who I can pay to take the time to sort my boat out. She’s a beauty so dying to get this resolved. I bought her ready built and am very inexperienced in the technical side of R/C.
        I am willing to travel a reasonable distance. I am based in Suffolk.

Thanks,

Matt

Richard Simpson
        Participant
          @richardsimpson88330

Matt, welcome to the forum.

Before committing to what could be a lot of travelling there might be one or two things you can do to help identify the problem.

Firstly i would ask if you can get access to any part of the drive train anywhere? If so does it turn freely? It sounds to me like the shafts are a little stiff so it is simply a case of disconnecting things sequentially to see what part is tight. Is it possible to disconnect the drive from the motor and, if so, does the motor turn freely?

A little bit of investigating might help a lot in identifying the problem. You could be looking at a tight or dry bearing, propellers touching the inside of the tunnel etc..

Kev.W
          Participant
            @kev-w

Matt, would be willing to have a look, but sadly, I'm up in remote Lincolnshire, there are a lot of clubs in your area, with a lot of experienced members, I suggest contacting one of those, they don.t normally require you to be a member to help you out

Edited By Kev.W on 31/08/2021 23:42:03

Charles Oates
            Participant
              @charlesoates31738

Matty, I presume the main battery is fully charged, if you're not sure, can you tell us what kind of battery it is, or describe it. Is there any chance that the battery is old or neglected ie not been charged for a long time.

If all this stuff is new to you, we can talk you through the basics. A picture or two of the insides of the model will help as well. Touch the 'all topics' button on this web site, and you'll see a section at the top about how to post pictures.

It might save you a lot of heartache if we can confirm or eleminate what we think of as the basics, before you go to a lot of trouble.

Chas.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)