Hello all. Magazine ?

Advert

Hello all. Magazine ?

Home Forums All things floating Hello all. Magazine ?

• This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 6 months ago by Chris E.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    k6whw
    Participant
      @k6whw

I am new to the site and forum. I live across the pond in Northern California. I have a question. I just subscribed to the digital form of Model Boats Magazine (printed version was not available to my location). How can I get a printed copy of the featured free plans that came with the issue. I do not see it as a down-loadable document. The drawing is displayed on multiple pages and I am not really fond of the cut and paste approach. Any light shed would be appreciated. Thanks in advance….. Breck

Advert
      Colin Bishop
        @colinbishop34627

Hi Breck.

The free plan drawing is provided in several PDF files which have to be printed out and assembled to give the full A1 size plan. so I am afraid cut and paste is the only option.

This has been discussed at some length and the alternative of providing a single page means that the file would need to be taken to a facility that can print it out at A1 size. The consensus among users is that they want to be able to print out the plan on their home printers which are normally A4 size.

Colin

Richard Simpson
        Participant
          @richardsimpson88330

You can of course convert the pdf files into jpgs, paste them together in an image editing software and then get the file printed out at whatever size you want.

Chris Fellows
          Participant
            @chrisfellows72943

Worth mentioning that it’s only recent copies of the digital magazine that have the PDFs of the free plans. Previous ones didn’t have the free plans at all.

Chris

k6whw
            Participant
              @k6whw

Thanks guys. I am viewing the mag thru a page called “Pocketmags.com” and can not find it in PDF form??

Wen I right click on the drawing I am not given a choice to save but only to print: when I choose print it tells me that there is not printing from this issue. Could be something to do with Pocketmags???

Chris Fellows
              Participant
                @chrisfellows72943

To be honest I’m confused over what part Pocketmags plays in viewing digital copies nowadays? I’ve just had a look and there’s only a small number of the magazines there with the latest being August 2022.

But if I go via the Menu bars on this forum and then Archive I get all the magazines available.

Chris Fellows
                Participant
                  @chrisfellows72943

Breck

If you go via Archive you view the magazine via the online viewer but I see you have an option to download which I would assume would be in PDF format? And as I said it’s only the last few mags that have free plans available.

Chris

k6whw
                  Participant
                    @k6whw

Thanks Chris, I will check it out.

Chris E
                    Participant
                      @chrise

As a digital subscriber you have full access to the archive. In my experience this is much the best place to download from.

If you select print you can print as many pages as you wish to pdf.

As has been said above it is a 10 minute job to electronically join the plan pages to get an overall plan. As a hint 1 & 2 and then 3 & 4 etc join edge to edge but 2 & 3 etc have an overlap. There is also an overlap on all vertical joins.

I convert all pages to .jpg (300dpi) using PDF24 and then trim and join to get the full plan in Irfanview. The tiled pages suit my printer very well. If we only got an overall plan converting it to print on an A4 printer to get a model of the right size might be very tricky.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)