Free airbrush

Advert

Free airbrush

Home Forums All things floating Free airbrush

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    The Reverand
    Participant
      @thereverand

Just wondered if the offer of a free airbrush is still offered with a new subscription?

As on the subscription page it does state ends on the 16Th Nov.

Does anyone know?

deus exsisto vobis

The Reverand

Advert
      Vinnie Branigan
      Participant
        @vinniebranigan92297

Since it’s now the 30th November I’d say it’s a fair bet it doesn’t?  Wouldn’t you? 

The Reverand
        Participant
          @thereverand

So shouldn’t the offer be taken off then Vinnie?

http://www.myspacesmilies.com/smilies/sad0002.gif

The Reverand
          Participant
            @thereverand

Not that its any of my business,of course.

Vinnie Branigan
            Participant
              @vinniebranigan92297

Or mine apparently. I’d love to be able to remove it, but it’s not something I can do.   However,  I will draw the attention of the subs department to it tomorrow.

Seriously though….if it says ‘Offer open to the 16th November’ then you really don’t have to ask do you?  Unless of course you were just trying to make a point?  Or didn’t know today’s date.

The Reverand
              Participant
                @thereverand

Sorry to make a fuss over nothing.

Do you know if any other offers are coming up soon Vinnie?

As I’m definitely going to subscribe to the magazine before Christmas.

Vinnie Branigan
                Participant
                  @vinniebranigan92297

I will definately do my best to get this sorted for you first thing Monday Dave.  You’re correct to draw it to my attention, so hopefully, if there’s something upcoming, it will be up by Monday afternoon.

The Reverand
                  Participant
                    @thereverand

Yes i do know today’s date,and no i wasn’t trying to make a point.

Hoping the offer had been extended,but there you go.

*Language Moderated.

The Reverand
                    Participant
                      @thereverand

Sorry for the language.

dave.

Manxman
                      Participant
                        @manxman

White Rabbit … 

OK – Time for my two penny worth ….

I’ve read the ad’ several times and if you read it from the top down (the correct way to read!) it reads as follows …

Detailed description of the airbrush ….     blah   blah

Subscriber benefits ….     blah   blah

underneath all this is a flashing logo – Web Exclusive – advertising an extra 10 per cent off if you order on line.

It then states this offer ends 16th.Nov

This is were it gets confusing – to me – is it the airbrush that ends or the extra 10 per cent off or both offers that ends on the 16th. ?

Model Boats should realise the majority of its readers are MEN, who by their nature can’t multi-task (just ask any woman!) – fancy asking us to think about two offers !

The mystery will continue until Monday when Vinnie gets his big stick out !

Cheers – Ken

Vinnie Branigan
                        Participant
                          @vinniebranigan92297

It’s SUCH a great magazine, surely you want it no matter what the offer? 

Paul T
                          Participant
                            @pault84577

Don’t you guys ever sleep???

The Reverand
                            Participant
                              @thereverand

Model Boats should realise the majority of its readers are MEN, who by their nature can’t multi-task (just ask any woman!) – fancy asking us to think about two offers !

Nice one Ken.

Just reading the latest threads my missus happened to be looking over my shoulder and reading too.

She of course agrees with you and is still laughing downstairs.

At least the free offer isn’t a CD with tracks from a band who you have never heard of.

Badger have always made quality gear,i used their airbrushes years ago when i customised motorcycle petrol tanks and crash helmets.

Paul T
                              Participant
                                @pault84577

Dear All

Perhaps this is an opportune moment to consider exactly what obligations as members we have in what we write and discuss on these pages.

As contributors we are all a vanguard for the hobby of model boating and we are privileged in being able to say exactly what we want without being edited or censored by the site owners, as such we should all be aware of the unwritten code of conduct that we should all follow which governs our language and subject matter.

After all this site is not only read by the few contributors who write and respond to the threads but by many members who are happy to read the content but who dont wish to become involved and of course the newcomers to our hobby who will be dipping their toes in the water for the first time some of whom will be children.

So as active contributors we are therefore obliged to moderate our input and be mindful of those who might be reading our comments.

I don’t wish to sound pompus but the free speach that we enjoy on this site is very special.

Paul 

Sam Vimes
                                Participant
                                  @samvimes38365

Well said Paul, I am one of the silent members who just likes to read whats going on and I enjoy the banter between those that do contribute.

However I did not like the phrase

*Language Moderated.

What did Vinnie have to delete from the page and just how offencive was it?

This is very bad form from the Reverend and it makes me upset to think that new readers might think that we are all like this….there is no h in tug.

The Reverand
                                  Participant
                                    @thereverand

If your email facility was working perhaps Vinnie or i could send you the phrase.

But i can’t ,and i am sorry if i have upset anyone.

I was only calling myself a fool basically.

You ask how offensive it was,then make up your mind and judge me by throwing insults, without even knowing the facts.

Vinnie Branigan
                                    Participant
                                      @vinniebranigan92297

Aw come on!  What Dave said wasn’t nasty or anything, it was just one word that being a commercial site with kids likely to be around we couldn’t let stand.  And it was a comment he made about himself, so it wasn’t offensive or anything either. 

Vinnie 

Manxman
                                      Participant
                                        @manxman

I agree Vinnie – it is a great magazine – and one I’ve been getting each month for the last three years (along with the other one!).  But, if MB are giving things away, one may as well have it.  The point is I already have the one MB is offering along with a fine detail one (both from Ebay, both under a fiver each including the postage).  I wont go without my monthly fix and I’m happy to keep nipping to Smiths each month.   Will hang on until MB chuck something my way that I need.

Best feature of MB – the builds – though I don’t build war, rag&stick, galleons or speed – I do enjoy reading the builds of them.

Cheers – Ken

Sam Vimes
                                        Participant
                                          @samvimes38365

The problem is that people have been upset.

The thread reads as though Vinnie has had to remove some bad language it does not matter to whom the language was aimed the fact of the matter is that it was posted in the first place.

Vinnie and Paul as always are being the diplomats trying to smooth the waters but this is wrong.

How long will it be before the site owners decide to curb what can be said on this site?

As Paul said free speech comes first but it comes at a price.

Sam

The Reverand
                                          Participant
                                            @thereverand
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)