Find out about a boat

Advert

Find out about a boat

Home Forums Collectors’ corner Find out about a boat

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    mick
    Participant
      @mick

i have what looks like a sea queen but the model hull is 42″+12″i dont
      know what the boat is has anybody any ideas and any idea if you can get
      the plans to complete the model to do it justice i am going to plank it
      i dont know if the motor should be electric or ic i would glad of any help happy modelling

Advert
      Tomo
      Participant
        @tomo

Hi Mick
        It could be a sea queen or a sea commander both models came in 3ft and 4ft kits, the 42in lenght is a little strange though could you post a couple of photos on the gallery so that we could all have a look, then it will soon be identified.
        I would use electric to drive it as a lot of clubs dont like or have banned IC.

mick
        Participant
          @mick

hiya tomo
          the cabin on the model has not got the sloping front on the cabin and no rear half cabin like the one i spotted on ebay i will get the camera
          out and take few pictures in next couple of days im sorry if this not helpful at the moment i was going to two six volt heckerperms in i have
          over from another boat or would they be over the top? with two six
          volt 8amp sealed batterys because there seems to be enough room
          well thanks for your time hope to hear from you soon mick

HS93
          Participant
            @hs9317166

The sea Commander only came in 34″ and the sea Queen only came in 46″ only the fire tender came in 34″ or 46″.

Peter

Paul T
            Participant
              @pault84577

Hello Mick
              This is a mystery and I wonder exactly what model you do have, it would be very helpful to see some photos or if you bought it off e bay then the listing number so that we can all have a look.
              Once identified it should be no problem to locate some plans so that you can finish it off.
              As for engines I agree with Tomo and would advise that you fit electric, again once we know what the model is we will be able to advise which motor/battery combo would be best.

mick
              Participant
                @mick

i have put a couple of pictures of the boat i would
                be obliged if someone could help and thanks for the help
                up to now i would be pleased if you remember this boat
                i have not seen one on the net yet i have looked this is
                an old kit? thanks for looking lads mick

Paul T
                Participant
                  @pault84577

Hi Mick
                  I am not at all sure what this model is, in some respects it looks like a copy of an early chris craft constellation especially if the hatch on the foredeck if scaled from full size.
                  But then again I am probably miles off.

mick
                  Participant
                    @mick

to tomo
                    i have posted a couple of pictures of the boat on the site one of the
                    lads thinks it might be a chris craft boat this model is about 10 years
                    old or older if that helps anybody it least its different and new
                    poser for the lads on the site thanks again mick

David B7
                    Participant
                      @davidb7

Hi all,  I’m new on hereI was wondering if anyone can help me out.  I have been given an old sea commander with the taycol motor fitted in it.I was wondering if any one had some photos so that I can find the original fittings or some that are near to them.I am going to refit it out with a modern motor and  RC gear. I need some photos and the scale for the fittings can anyone help or point me in the direction of a supplier etcMany thanksDavid 

sorry if this is rong place

David

mick
                      Participant
                        @mick

still trying to find out what  this boat is called surely somebody must have seen this

old boat in the past  just started planking the deck but dont wont to change the

cabin till i know what its called thought the gentleman from the collectors and vintage

corner might have an idea what it called thanks everybody mick 

Martin Hopkins
                        Participant
                          @martinhopkins99122

hi everyone sorry to but in but i am after a copy of a plan for the 34" areokits fire tender i have recently got hold of it and there are lots of details missing and i would like to restore it to its former glory thanks in advance martin

mick
                          Participant
                            @mick

hiya martin google model fireboats and you will find a website for these boats

they should be able to sort you out some plans  thereis also another website

on  yahoo in groups hope this is of some help mick 

HS93
                            Participant
                              @hs9317166

Try the model fireboats

http://modelfireboats.com/index.html

this has the most info of all the sites. and if its not on there just leave a message and  someone will help you.

There is also

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/firefloat/

and some info may be found there

Peter

dave allen
                              Participant
                                @daveallen30531

hi mick I cant seem to access the photos but would like a peek at them if possible?

regards DaveAllen

dave allen
                                Participant
                                  @daveallen30531

hi mike found the pictures in the gallery it looks to be a sea queen but the 42 inch length threw me as they are 46 inch, please disregard the first reply.

dave

mick
                                  Participant
                                    @mick

to dave mick here  i thought it was a sea queen  but the cabin is

completely different and the hull is 42" length i suppose i will

have to make a boat that is a mixture of differrent boats thanks

for the input i thought i would base it on a chris craft design

i have two hecterperm s on 6v and twin shafts and twin rudders

its big enough for two 6v 8amp batterys  thanks again  

dave allen
                                    Participant
                                      @daveallen30531

hi mick sounds good your running time will be excellent with that combination and the cris craft look great i am building a 36 inch cris craft commander circa 1954 plenty of varnish topsides.

all the best dave

mick
                                      Participant
                                        @mick

hiya  dave  had a change of mind? still going to build like a

chris craft but decided to put a 12v 777 from models motors direct on 12v

a single shaft and single rudder had them spare and just have to buy prop+

12v battery thought i would use a 12v 7amp hr battery because i want to light

it from the same battery 12v grain of weat bulbs going to use a y lead to switch lights on

as i have a two channel radio set i had out a nother boat and a resistor type speed

control as well thanks for your input mick 

dave allen
                                        Participant
                                          @daveallen30531

hi mick if you are going down the 12 volt single shaft road have you considered an MFA 850 9700 revs and seems to be a popular trend with the new jotika kit of the sea queen?

regards dave

mick
                                          Participant
                                            @mick

hiya dave  the cost is a bit of a put off on fixed income not much money  to

spend but if you dont think this will give me enough power  i was thinking

of a 12v heater motor from the local scrapyard  about a fiver supressed

of course my mate runs his his 40"brave border he get about 2hrs + on a

12v 3amp hr battery  just let me know what you think thanks for your input

mick 

dave allen
                                            Participant
                                              @daveallen30531

hi mick absolutely no problem with car fan motors but beware some dont reverse!

I understand the finance side of it ok and you do what you can and all credit to you mick

regards dave

mick
                                              Participant
                                                @mick

hiya dave my missus bought me an mfa 850 motor she said to stop me

going to the the scrappy i have made a cooling coil and have a 55 two bladed prop

a 17" prop so we have a goer thanks for input again mick do you think it will need

the 12v motor suppressing? just wondered not used to 12v  

JR
                                                Participant
                                                  @jr47164

The size you mention is the same as the veron huntsman 28 which was 42" long but hade an open back compared to the huntsman 31 which has an aft cabin

mick
                                                  Participant
                                                    @mick

hiya jr

the boat has a open back  like you mentioned and i thought it might be a old vernon boat  as

i have seen photographs of something similar in an old model boat magazine from the 70s

thanks for your input but not knowing at the time i have extended the top cabin roof  left the hull

planked the deck put hardwood edges on and painted thecabin in white and sides just varnished

i will put a few pictures of the finished boat in due course for the lads approva thanks for your

input  mickl

mick
                                                    Participant
                                                      @mick

Areokit model?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)