E Bay Boat

Advert

E Bay Boat

Home Forums All things floating E Bay Boat

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Allen Marshall
    Participant
      @allenmarshall36083
      http://www.modelboats.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/images/member_albums/1887/new_hull_2.gif

I picked up this boat on E Bay and would be grateful for any help to find out what the model is and if any one has plans or photo’s or any info at all, so I can start a rebuild. The hull is 47″ long with a 15″ beam and is all ply construction and looks to be an unfinished kit. Also looks quite old as the glued joints are cracking. Thanks in advance: Allen

Advert
      Paul T
      Participant
        @pault84577

Hello Allen

Its a FaireyHuntsman 31 with quite a lot of bits missing if you look on the internet you will find lots of info, try  http://www.[b]fairey[/b%5Downersclub.co.uk

The cracking joints will be a problem and there is a very good chance that they will fail when the boat gets wet. I would recommend that you strip the hull right down and reglue all the seams and joints.

Paul

Allen Marshall
        Participant
          @allenmarshall36083

Thanks Paul

A Huntsman did not come mind because of the top windshield being missing, as soon as you mentioned it, it clicked. Must start looking for plans, etc now.

Thanks for jogging my mind  Allen

John Tennant 2
          Participant
            @johntennant2

As Paul has said this is a scale model of the once famous Fairey Huntsman 31.  I am finishing one of these with a 15cc glow plug engine in.  You must finish this model as they look really good when wave hopping in the lake!

Allen Marshall
            Participant
              @allenmarshall36083
            Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)