Duplex craft 575

Advert

Duplex craft 575

Home Forums Sailing Models Duplex craft 575

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Dean Arnold
    Participant
      @deanarnold46138

Hi I have a mint condition 575 and I am trying to find out when my model was built I have the build number and believe years ago there was an owner’s club but that is long gone any help would be good thanks

Advert
      Dean Arnold
      Participant
        @deanarnold46138
        Kev.W
        Participant
          @kev-w

I aquired my 'Duplex 575' in 1980, but they had been around for a while then.

My club number was 154, I still have the boat & sailed it up until summer 2014

but the plastic is now getting very brittle, so it is stored away in it's carry box now.

Dean Arnold
          Participant
            @deanarnold46138

Thanks for the reply contour mean the number in the hull is that one you said if my number is higher would you think mine is younger ?

Kev.W
            Participant
              @kev-w

I can't remember if there was a number in the hull or not, the number 154 was on my '575 Club' membership card.

My boat was made by Duplex, but they were taken over by a firm called Lesro, not sure when, but it was after my boat was manufactured.

Maybe other 575 owners could spread a bit more light on this.

Martin Field 1
              Participant
                @martinfield1

My brother still has his 575, but he's now an Aussie in Perth! The boat leaked a bit, but I sailed it for hours rudder only on the canal/river outside our house in the Norfolk Fens.

Martin

Thomas Armstrong 1
                Participant
                  @thomasarmstrong1

Just found this old thread – I've been looking for information on these boats for a while. Everything I've found, including some articles, is here:

**LINK**

If someone is still reading this and can help, I would like to get a digital copy of the instruction manuals, and some photos of the boat (sailing and on stand), of the original box, etc.

Also, I have no reference or any information about the "590" – if possible, I would like similar information for this boat, also.

Thank you.

Thomas Armstrong
                  http://www.allradiosailboats.com

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)