Colin Archer r/c spec

Advert

Colin Archer r/c spec

Home Forums R/C & Accessories Colin Archer r/c spec

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Nick Alderson 1
    Participant
      @nickalderson1

Hi everyone,

I recently picked up a 1:15 scale Colin Archer on eBay for only £30 ! Had to go to Wigan to collect it though. A bit of a haul from Oxford but well worth the drive.

Someone had cut all the wires inside the hill leaving only the motor in position. So I wonder if anyone has plans of spec for the RC set up for this fine vessel.

Any help appreciated.

Nick

Advert
      Nick Alderson 1
      Participant
        @nickalderson1

Drawings and specification

David Marks 2
        Participant
          @davidmarks2

A quick search using Colin Archer" on this site came up with about 10 postings, which is a good place to start. Also some kit manufacturers provide copies of kit instructions on line, which is worth another try.

Nick Alderson 1
          Participant
            @nickalderson1

Thanks David, I will look through them and if there is any information

gecon
            Participant
              @gecon

Hello Nick, if you have already looked at the Colin Archer posts, then you will have found my ten-mile-long build log.

The kit manufacturer Billing Boats have been taken over by new owners who may eventually update the plans for their older models. In the meantime the plan for the RC 'setup' is a very pretty basic diagram.

If you google 'billingboats.dk' , then write Colin Archer in the top right corner of the home page, you will find all the drawings for the 1:15 scale versions as well as the smaller one. If you scroll through all the drawings, the R/C installation drawings will appear. There's one plan view and on side view.

If you are interested in what I did and/or what I now think is an adequate installation, then just post your question/s on the forum. I am not building anything at the moment and only 'look in' about once a week but I'll check each day during the next week in case you have a question.

George

Nick Alderson 1
              Participant
                @nickalderson1

Hi George,

Thank you for your detailed reply. Much appreciated. Not only did I find the details for the r/c but also for the stand which mine doesn't have.

So I can now see what is needed and just have to plan the installation.

Thank you again.

Nick

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)