Beagle

Advert

Beagle

Home Forums Beginners Beagle

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Paul Beeney
    Participant
      @paulbeeney58354

Hi all need some advice please have bought occre beagle and have to drill 4 1mm

holes in the Davits which are 4mm wide drilled 2×2 leaving 0.6 between holes eye sight not brilliantly so am worried they may run into each other or not be straight when come out the other side any advice would be appreciated thanks Paul

Advert
      Paul Beeney
      Participant
        @paulbeeney58354
        Chris Fellows
        Participant
          @chrisfellows72943

I don't know exactly what you mean Paul apart from the holes being 0.6mm apart.

That is very close together and even using a small pillar drill I think you'd be struggling, infact I think we'd all be struggling!

Chris

Charles Oates
          Participant
            @charlesoates31738

.6 mms between the holes leaves no margin for error, and hardly any strength in the wood . If I have to drill so close together in brass, I make a template in steel, just a small piece with the holes accurately done with a pilar drill.

If I've understood you correctly I would be looking at a way to use 3 mms holes maximum and altering the davits.

A picture of two of what you are attempting would help get a better answer.

Paul Beeney
            Participant
              @paulbeeney58354

img_0165.jpegHi Charles thanks for getting back have tried to upload photos don’t know if it as worked

img_0166.jpeg

Charles Oates
              Participant
                @charlesoates31738

Hi Paul, yes your pics are fine, and I have misunderstood what you're doing. Can you say which part on the pics you are referring to please.

Ray Wood 3
                Participant
                  @raywood3

Hi Charles

It looks like the group of 4nr holes in the two davits sticking out over the stern, a set number drills say 60 – 80 are essential I'd say start small and open up till the thread will go through ?

Regards Ray

Paul Beeney
                  Participant
                    @paulbeeney58354

Hi yes the part I’m referring to is the two davits on the stern marked H1 on the drawings have also asked OcCre ,they have a series of videos on YouTube but just show finished article

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)