038_35A.JPG

Advert

038_35A.JPG

Home Forums Beginners 038_35A.JPG

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    John Steele
    Participant
      @johnsteele44550

Scratch built ? !!! Wow ! Beautifully done, you should be very proud of this one.

Advert
      Paul T
      Participant
        @pault84577

For years I have thought, and been proud of the fact, that model boat builders were a friendly bunch having no distinction between rich or poor, clever or daft, skilled or beginner. This belief has sustained me through many years of bull***t in the so called real world where back stabbing idiots make smart ar*se comments that are thinly disguised as humour. To my dismay and shame it would appear that the real world has invaded this pleasant and friendly web site in the form of cynicism thinly disguised as honest straight talking. Is there any need for this as it is just unnecessary nastiness generated by a low level intellect that can’t see further than a quick smart comment. 

Like most model boat builders I fondly remember my first scratch build, it took two weeks to build and I had a whole summer of fun on the canal with it. True I was only 14 at the time but what I learnt with that boat made me a better modeller.

So good luck to Poppa and I for one look forward to seeing his next creation.

John Steele
        Participant
          @johnsteele44550

Quite agree with your comments, Fat Controller. It’s nice to see such hard work appreciated. I have never scratch built any boats, all mine have been kits and some ready built. My real pleasure is in the sailing as I am a bit cack handed when it comes to building.  That hasn’t stop me appreciated other folks builds though. Hope to see many more !!!

John Steele
          Participant
            @johnsteele44550
          Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)